2 month jabs - please help!

Snufflepop

Reaction score
My DD is EBF and had her 2 month jabs this morning. I fed her before we went to the surgery but since we came home she is refusing to feed and alternating inconsolable crying and then sleeping.

I expected her to be cranky but not to refuse all feeds. I am getting worried that she is going to get dehydrated on top of feeling ill from the jabs.

Also if she doesn't feed for a day or two will my supply be affected? I really don't want this to mean I have to switch to formula as LO won't even take a bottle and has never had formula so it will be really difficult to switch now.

Am so worried about her and hate seeing her in distress :-(

Have given her calpol and she is sleeping now, anybody had a similar experience or have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Just went through this with my son. He had his shots at 2 months, 2 weeks. He was NOT himself that day and cried and cried. No one at the Dr.'s said to so it took me awhile but I gave him Tylenol (probably like calpol I'm assuming) and he was back to him happy baby self. I'd try to feed her when she wakes up and you might be surprised that she takes it.
She's upset right now, but I wouldn't worry about needing to go to formula.

The poor little babes, it's a heartbreaking thing :hugs:

My little girl had hers this wednesday and she was the same. She just slept or cried all day and had a lot less milk than usual. Unfortunately she was awake for a couple of hours that night and made up for it. Just to warn u :)
She was slightly grumpier than usual yesterday but had her milk fine, and today is normal again.
I would have thought your supply will be established enough by 2months not to be affected by a day or 2 of her having less.

Don't worry about formula. Just keep offering in a relaxed way and she'll feed when she's feeling brighter. Let her sleep it off. Unless she seems really unwell and keeps crying in a high pitched way, at which point I'd take her to hospital, try not to worry :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->