• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2 past LEEP procedures

tadkins09

Reaction score
Hello all,
This is my very first post, ever, in any forum. I have a ton of problems, and I'm scared for this pregnancy, yet hopeful I can carry full term, as my husband and I have tried for a bundle of joy for 4 years.
First off, I am diabetic. I was just recently switched to insulin, for the first time in my life. In the past, I was very non-compliant. I did not take care of myself, and I know that is awful, but now that I am trying my hardest, I'm struggling. Any advice on controlling spikes in sugar levels are welcomed, as well as how to curb hunger to stop eating ALL day.
Next, I have had 3 biopsies...2 of which resulted in a total of 2 LEEP procedures. I was told by the last physician that I would not be able to get pregnant anymore. Well, here we are now, I'm 8 weeks today!
Has anyone here every had multiple LEEP procedures and carried a full term, healthy baby? I've read about cervical cerclage being a procedure that is typically done, can someone share their experience with this? Painful? Did it help? When was it done?
I've been having intense lower back pain, and when I say intense...I mean I can barely walk at all, making for a long work day for sure.
I've told my current OB about my 2 surgeries, and no one seems to mind...I don't understand, I've had my cervix cut on twice, why is there no concern?
Maybe, it's nerves. Maybe, I'm overreacting. But, I never thought I would carry a child again, so now that I am---I want to make sure it makes it!
Any and all advice welcomed. Thank you so much!

I've had a LEEP and cone biopsy. I also told all doctors, etc. I had no cerclage . At 20 weeks my cervix was just under normal length to qualify me for monitoring. 24 it halved. Put on hormones. 28 cervix was gone & open. 4 days of bedrest back & longer than before 2 weeks later still holding with mild funnelling. I am now at 32 weeks. Sorry for novel but basically I was told different things. If you're cervix is naturally shorter than its not really a problem hence the monitoring with no intervention as they told me initially. They said shortening is hormone thing hence the hormones. Then because bedrest worked told me cervix was indeed weakened from prior surgeries. I think it's somewhat of a new thing & you'll get conflicting info. I would push for the cerclage between 12-16 weeks is supposed to be best time to get it. I was told the same by the way would have trouble getting pregnant did not but the cervix has been a roller coaster. Good luck! There is an incompetent cervix thread on this forum. As far as diabetes I have gestational & am also struggling I find that limiting portions & having the free food that's easy helps like nuts, cheese, etc.

Wld find consultant that takes you seriously. Ask OB what the procedure is fr checking yr cervix regularly. Ask lots of questions about it, so they can't ignore nor dismiss yr concerns. Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->