2 questions on first scan

heaveneats

Emma's Mommy
Reaction score
Hi ladies, had my first scan yesterday at 7 w 4d I noticed at the top of my scan picture they put me down as 8 weeks which would be right with my LMP but not ovulation date, question is do I go by what they put me as because they measured baby too or do I stick with my dates?

Also she said heart rate was 145 BPM and it was normal but looking at the chart for 8 weeks it should be over 149? I think I'm just reading too much into it, I'm just so happy all was okay after some spotting!

all doctors go by last menstrual period because its easier for them to date pregnancy since its hard to pinpoint ovulation itself. so thats normal. the heartbeat of my baby was 174 at 8 wks 6 days. they told me this is very normal and in fact, baby's heartbeat is normally twice ours so it sounded about right for me and it sounds completely normal for you as well.

as your pregnancy progresses, babys heartrate will slow down because they are bigger. my baby's heartbeat is now 160. i also have a home doppler to listen/see baby's heartbeat too. your range is very normal dont worry

I always went by what the ultrasounds said, so my due date always changed by a few days (though it didn't matter anyways bc dd was born 2 weeks early anyways lol). And the heart rate is only a few BPMs away from the chart so I wouldn't worry. Maybe it's a boy! Lol

They always have a fall date which is -/+ 5 days i believe as there's no real knowledge unless you know exactly when you ovulated.

With first pregnancy I was given 17th Oct LMP and 12th Oct scan. Born 16th Oct which they put me at 4 days overdue.

This time I was given 23rd June at 6w1d scan (didn't know when LMP was) and then 20th June at 9w3d. Wasn't told about the baby's BPM.

My babys heart rate is now 153. Very normal. :) They usually measure baby, I remember my first scan I was put a few days behind, then my next scan I was put ahead. Just depends on how your bean grows :)

My OBGYN went by the date from the first scan, which was over a week and a half more than where I thought I was. Then at my 20 week gender scan they measured LO at two days ahead. Now we go by that date, which is January 6th. At my 33 week scan LO was measuring at 35 weeks, but they aren't changing my due date.

Thanks ladies. Im almost positive of ovulation day so I think I'll keep the days I have

My doc swears by the 12 week scan to b most accurate. Or the dating scan. Mine have been very accurate but towards the end I know when I'm ready and I pretty much have the baby on that day lol. For example my last baby waa due Feb 22nd by dating scan but I knew she needed to come on the 12th. They delayed my pushing and no one believed me and I delivered a very healthy princess just after midnight Feb 13th. I'm happy to hear your ok heartbeat sounds just fine. H & H 9 months to u!

Doc wanted to move me up 6 days I stuck to my ovulation day( used opk). Have my NT scan on tuesday and if they want to move my I change my dates. These measurements on the early scans are not that accurate my doc said it could be a +\- 9 days :)

My baby measured 13 weeks at my 12 weeks +2 day scan. In the uk they have started doing it based on fetal size rather than lmp date. My daughters heart beat is always around 140-150 now at 30 weeks. It depends how active they are. Yours might of been resting? In the earlier days i think hers was slightly faster. Try not to worry about a couple of beats though :) congratulations xxx

im actually pretty sure they based the 8 weeks thing on when my LMP was, i just asked my doc and he said yes that's how they calculate in early stages, right now because i'm almost 100% sure of my ovulation date so i think its better if i keeps my dates since i'm sure they will be changed later on. My doc also said range is 120-180 bpm so all is perfect, phew

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->