2 week old - please help. :(

CupcakeBaby

Pregnant with a Princess
Reaction score
Last week my baby was doing so well. She'd eat for 45 minutes every 2.5-3 hours.

The last few days its all gone to crap. :(

She wants feeding every hour - sometimes even after 20 minutes.

The frustrating thing is she fusses for food but then falls asleep within about 3 minutes on the boob so it feels like a dangerous cycle that she's not getting full and not getting proper rest.

I'm wondering if she is trying to use you as comfort to sleep. My lo did this at first and every time I tried to put him down he would wake up and scream. I eventually gave in and let him sleep on me. I figured it couldn't be hurting to much. Now at six months he sleeps just fine by himself, except if he's teething.

If your up for it try to let her sleep on you once. Cluster feeding is completely normal at that age. My lo even still dream feeds when he's not feeling well. But yes you are probably opening a can of worms with that. Just have to figure out what works for you

Good luck!

It could be a growth spurt, the first one happens between 1-3 weeks so 2 weeks is right. If it is, the snacking should only last a couple of days :)

Totally normal, she's building your supply. Don't worry about encouraging bad habits or anything, just let her nurse whenever she needs to.

Thanks. I hope it is a growth spurt. Just almost feel like she's eating less than she was.

At 12 days she was 8oz above her birth weight so she's doing well and poos and wees non stop.

Just frustrating seeing her unsettled.

I remember this :hugs: sounds like cluster feeding for growtg spurt. Mine didn't even give 20min break, she was on the boob non-stop from 10pm till 4am would fall asleep but cry as soon as I took her away from boob. I gave dummy at 10 days as by the end of a week of it she was just using me as a dummy. If you do consider a dummy I'd say to let baby comfort suck during growth spurts as this also stimulates supply & overuse of dummy can sometimes cause dip in supply. Anyway that's what worked for me. Unfortunately with cluster feeding you just have to ride it out, mine did it again at 6 weeks growth spurt & this time I enjoyed it! As long as there are wet & dirty nappies & also get baby weighed regularly in the early days (in hindsight i wish I'd done every week for the 1st 2months becauseI was always worried things were going wrong) this will give you peace of mind & now that I have the confidence in myself & trust that I'm doing it right, it's become such a breeze! X

Thanks ladies. Was a rough couple of days but she slept well last night (3x 3 hours) and has fed and slept well today.

She seems extra sleepy today and my boobs are definitely feeling like the supply has upped so she did what nature wanted, even if it was hard for me.

I let her sleep next to me all night last night too (we have a sidecar crib but I pulled her into my bed) and had my arm round her all night. So I think that helped the sleeping.

Also made me feel so special and close with her which I really needed as the exhaustion was starting to make me question what is gotten myself into. :(

Hopefully we can go a little while without another growth spurt now and I can be a happier mummy.

As pp says cluster feeding for growth spurt. My DD did this for the 1st 3 weeks, she was on my boobs constantly from 6 pm ish until middles of the night and would scream the house down if the boob was taken away! Totally normal, it gets easier i promise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->