2 weeks after MMC, is it over?

Kittique

Reaction score
Hi all

I found out my twins had died on 9/7... i was 11 weeks, but the sac only measured 23mm, one only 11mm. Does anyone know how many weeks this usually corresponds to? they told me at one scan it was 5-6 weeks, and at one they said there was a 'mass' inside one sac that measures 10mm, which *could* be a 7 week embryo...so i don't actually know what happened and when.

Anyways...im still panicking and feeling its not over and its driving me insane. im sorry to post to many times here but each time something new happens i feel like i want to ask for advice.

so i started bleeding heavy on 10/7 for 2 days, which lightened up for a few days but i went back to a and e and i felt like something was stuck in my cervix and it was. that was removed and i was admitted.. they removed another large piece. i had an abdominal scan where the guy barely looked for 2 minutes and said it was fine. there was a small area of thickening.

went home and bled like a period for about 4 more days. now, 12 days after it started im still spotting brown which is stopping and starting, i still have slight back pain, and im still testing positive. they NEVER took HCG levels even once when i was in hospital 3 times. they only tested haemoglobin.

im so so worried i'll have to have a d and c. i went to the doctor she said my cervix was closed and there was a lot of old blood, she refused to give me a blood test or follow up scan unless i bled heavily again....this doesnt seem right to me?
i had a scan booked for tomorrow before i was admitted to hospital, but they cancelled it??? ARGHHH is there something wrong with me?

sorry for such a long rant post...i just don't feel like im getting the right follow up care that i need, even if its only for reassurance...it doesnt feel right :( i just want a negative test!!!

Kittique... I am not sure but I wanted to send you :hugs: I can't believe the medical personal treat us that way. I am so sorry you are not getting any answers. It may take a while for a negative test. If you aren't getting anywhere with them try a home pregnancy test every week or so to make sure it gets to a negative. Good luck sweetie. I am so sorry for your losses. :hugs:

Kitti, I'm sorry for your loss and all the frustration you're going through. This is not an easy thing to go through and then to deal with doctors that might not be more accommodating doesn't help. Have you tried seeing a different OB/GYN to see if they would do blood work? If it helps, it took my 4 weeks to get my Hcg levels back down to < 5. It's not abnormal to still test positive. As far as still bleeding, I'm not sure what to say, I didn't bleed for that long once the extracted the fetal tissue (mine got stuck too). But I MC at 8.5 weeks and I didn't have twins so I would expect a little more bleeding with being a little more along and having twins. I hope this helps. Good luck to you sweety! :hugs:

:hugs: I am terribly sorry for your losses and I am very sorry that you are not getting anywhere with the medical personell. :hugs: I have no advice on this topic either, but I am interested in knowing it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->