2 weeks since my surgery...lots of worries

jrob

Reaction score
So today is 2 weeks since I had to get emergency surgery for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Just some back story, it was a long, long month of hospital visits and doctors not finding anything when it was finally decided to give me a shot of methotrexate just in case. Unfortunately, it wasn't given in time and 2 days later I ended up in the ER again, this time finding the pregnancy in my left tube. It was 5cm and had ruptured and so I lost part of the tube and no longer functions. Now, 2 weeks later I am cramping on the left side. It feels like my period is coming and, sorry if this is TMI but I have this weird stringy discharge. Am I ovulating already? Also, due to the methotrexate shot I have read that I shouldn't ttc for at least 3-6 months because the drug messes with the levels of folic acid and can cause issues if I were to get pregnant. Should I get on birth control yet? It seems so soon after the surgery, but I don't know what is normal. My boyfriend and I didn't wait the full 2 weeks and had sex yesterday and now I'm freaking out like maybe we shouldn't have. It posed no problems physically, but if I am in fact ovulating it worries me.

However, I also have noticed the past few cycles that I get ovulation pain on my left side a lot. So I'm worried I am left side dominant and with no tube I may have some serious issues getting pregnant again in the future.

One other thing I'm wondering about is the possibility of PCOS. My last 2 ultrasounds showed multiple follicles in my ovaries. The ultrasound report from the day they found the ectopic pregnancy and the one I had a week earlier both showed multiple follicles in my left ovary. (One report explained it as multiple bilateral follicles - but i don't know what that means). I don't have the most regular of periods, and have skipped months in the past, or range in cycle days from 28-38 days in between. I also have some of the other symptoms like heavy periods, have had issues with mood swings and depression for years, adult onset acne - mild but cystic, etc. But I never even thought about it until I read about the multiple follicles. Then I read all the symptoms and it seems to describe me to a t. How do I get checked for this? Especially since I still have no insurance and if I DO finally get approved for medicaid it's only going to cover the pregnancy related doctor visits, not future visits. Could this be a reason for my miscarriages and ectopic pregnancy?

Sorry for so many questions all at once. I have a lot on my mind, and having been off work for the past 2 weeks (well month and a half really, but especially the past 2 weeks) have had a lot of time to just sit and think and worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->