~2 year age gap?

I would think 2 years would be ideal. The first year would be hard but once the baby is moving they would become fab friends for each other.
But remember while you might have got pregnant fairly quickly with your first babies don't always come to order.

I love my 2 year gap. I didnt find it that hard been pregnant with a young toddler but i had a pretty easy pregnancy, i imagine it would be hard uf you were very sick or something as your young toddler still needs a lot of entertaining. The first few weeks were hardest, just adjusting to life with 2, and there is the odd hard day but ive never had a harder day with 2 than i did with one. now they are older, theyve started playing together and are very close already. Somethings are harder like taking them swimming or to softplay but its doable. We still go to all playgroups etc. i love my age gap but different ages will work for different people.

I have a two year four month gap between my two. They are now four and two and it's great to see them playing together.
During babyhood if you breast feed I'd recommend you read a book to your elder one to keep them occupied. Or have some special toy that comes out when you feed.

I didn't find it too hard when pregnant though it was a miserable pregnancy but my elder son is quite placcid

Was it hard on your back lifting your older child when you were pregnant, or not too big a deal? I feel like I'm constantly picking up my 8 month old now so my back is always sore and I'm not even pregnant, lol! But once he's walking, maybe that isn't necessary quite so often? :shrug:

Edit: My son is HUGE and I have a bad back to begin with.

Its wasnt too bad to be honest. Ds was a big toddler. 98th centile for height and weight. I did have to lift him, in to his cot, into the pram etc. But he was walking well by that age, could walk up and down stairs etc so i didnt have to carry him all over or anything.

21 month age gap here, pregnancy wise it was easy enough and I loved both my pregnancies. Alex wasn't planned but a very happy surprise and I'll be honest that for me the first six months were difficult, DS2 was constantly breastfeeding but it was more the fact that he was a screamer and hated the buggy and even the carrier after a fashion. I wouldn't change it now though as they are so close and really love one another. I would say that as soon as he was mobile (crawling and walking), Alex was a much happier baby and fortunately he was quick with both!

I'd say it depends on many things. If you have an easily amused toddler, an easy pregnancy and a happy baby I can imagine it'd be really great.

I have a 2y4m gap and it has its ups and downs! My daughter is relatively laid back and sleeps well, though naturally she gave up her 2 hour nap when LO was only 2 months old. I miss that time!

My pregnancy was tough, I was on bedrest from 5 months onwards but fortunately my in-laws visited often to take care of my daughter and make sure she was entertained.

And my son... he is really not an easy baby! He has reflux and I have oversupply which is a recipe for disaster. He just cries non stop a lot of the time, even now. It's getting easier but I have days where I just want to go back to bed :blush:

My daughter is old enough to get jealous, though she hasn't been as bad as some horror stories I've read online. She doesn't play very well with him but it's one of those things that comes with time. This morning she shared her compote with him at breakfast and I actually cried with happiness.

It's rewarding to see her interact with him on a daily basis though. When she kisses him and says "goodnight sweetheart" and strokes his hair, it's definitely all worth it :)

I found it really hard but then I was completely on my own and circumstances were tough. I'd hoped they would grow up friends but they antagonise each other nonstop :-/

I have a two year age gap it's great hard at times but easier now there getting olderx

I have a 16 month age gap. I had an extremely stressful pregnancy with my second but even with the tons of extra appointments and everything my older ds did fine. I actually found it easier going from one to two kids than zero to one. Also we've completely avoided jealousy. ds1 doesn't even know life without his brother. it's been great!

With that said, I've been either pregnant or nursing since January 2013 and I'm very tired lol! I need a larger gap if we are blessed with a #3 ;)

I will let you know, 35 weeks with #2, DS will be 25 months.

I have been told to lift him as little as possible due to high BP, but I do not find it physically difficult. My son is tiny though!

I had a 23 month gap with my older sister, and we were thick as theives until high school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->