2 year anniversary of beginning ttc.

kjs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

My husband and I began ttc two years ago is month and the realization that it has not happened and maybe won't happen is coming at me hard this weekend. We have unexplained infertility and I feel so frustrated. We did two medicated IUIs in December and January but I was an emotional wreck so we have been trying naturally since then. I started taking vitex and b6 a few months ago and it seems to have bumped my ovulation day up a day or two and reduced spotting at the end of my literal phase. So this is positive I suppose. I just don't know when to go back to the RE because I feel like I'm in denial and each month am like "ok let's just try naturally again" as I hate the fertility treatments. I'm 33 and my husband is about to be 34 next month. I've never ever ever had a pos pregnancy test and feel like I never will. But feel so stuck to start up with the Treatments again. I guess I don't really have a question. Just confused and venting. Looking for someone to say they have felt this way too I suppose.

Hi hun!
Our story is so similar! We also just hit the two year mark of TTC in June, and I was also feeling so desperate. I never had positive pregnancy test as well, and we went for 4 IUIs because of unexplained infertility. We decided to jump ahead for IVF in May after I just had enough of bfns and despair month after month. IVF road was not smooth at all, and we struggled for sometime, but I had my first frozen embroy transfer week and a half ago and got my first ever BFP.
What I am trying to say is, I so understand how you are feeling and the despair, and feel like you will never get pregnant, but you will hun. Because of all the struggle, I am much more appreciative of this miracle and just taking one day at the time no matter what the outcome of this pregnancy might be.
Is it possible for you to go for IVF? I think instead of waiting to get pregnant naturally, jumping to IvF was the best decision for us. DH was reluctant at first, but eventually he had enough as well. So if you can afford IvF, take a leap of faith and go for it xxxxx

Hi all,

My husband and I began ttc two years ago is month and the realization that it has not happened and maybe won't happen is coming at me hard this weekend. We have unexplained infertility and I feel so frustrated. We did two medicated IUIs in December and January but I was an emotional wreck so we have been trying naturally since then. I started taking vitex and b6 a few months ago and it seems to have bumped my ovulation day up a day or two and reduced spotting at the end of my literal phase. So this is positive I suppose. I just don't know when to go back to the RE because I feel like I'm in denial and each month am like "ok let's just try naturally again" as I hate the fertility treatments. I'm 33 and my husband is about to be 34 next month. I've never ever ever had a pos pregnancy test and feel like I never will. But feel so stuck to start up with the Treatments again. I guess I don't really have a question. Just confused and venting. Looking for someone to say they have felt this way too I suppose.

Thanks for sharing your story! I just don't think I'm ready to jump to ivf and my insurance doesn't cover it. It would be really trying financially. Congratulations to you on your bfp!!!! The perspective on being more appreciative of it after all the struggles is hopeful and somewhat of a comfort :)

You sound exactly like me. I'm on cycle 27 but it won't be 2 years officially until Nov/Dec. We also have unexplained infertility and have failed 2 IUIs. I hated the IUIs it was so stressful and the experience itself was really difficult... for such a low chance of success too!

Right now I'm doing the naturopathy thing and plan to do one more IUI in February. After that I guess we'll be moving on to IVF (maybe by May?). I hate fertility treatments too, but I hate this limbo even more. I feel like we're just going through the motions with these natural cycles. I feel like if it never happened before why would it now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->