2 year old awake in the night

nessaw

Mum (6 angels, 1 rainbow)
Reaction score
Hi was wondering if there was anyone in the same boat or had some advice for us. For about 4 months our dd whi's 3 in December has been awake in the night more or less every night between 2 and 4 though some nights she treats us to 12-6! She's not upset, she's talking, playing but also doing a very high pitched squeal. She hasn't napped in the day for coming up to a year and won't stay in bed for a nap if we try. We dropped milk at night way before this started and went into a cotbed a while before. She has a cup of water next to the bed if she wants it. We changed from a sleeping bag to a duvet in the heatwave and I tried to put her back in the bag in case it was that but she didn't like it. Her bedtime routine is pretty set- drink and snack about half an hour before, bath every other night, episode of paw patrol then teeth and book in bed by 7. Sometimes before if she's looking knackered. She literally doesn't stop all day either and can be really ratty but won't nap. She's at home with dad and I work and we're both knackered as well. I wear ear plugs but can still hear her. She goes on at least 2 dog walks a day, has swimming and playgroups and soft play but still won't nap. She doesn't get up in the night and has a gro clock for the morning. Her sp and lang is behind for her age and we're on a waiting list but we've seen progress since the summer-I wonder if this is what she's working on at night! She starts pre-school after xmas which should help a bit. Everything I've googled is that it's a phase but it's been a very long phase. She's generally been a very good sleeper. We got rid of the dummy a few weeks ago but no difference in sleeping. She goes off by herself-literally book, kiss, night night! We're at a loss!

Has she had her hearing tested? Speech and language delays plus squealing could suggest hearing loss. Did she have a cold before she stopped sleeping? She may have glue ear or something and be in discomfort

Thanks for your reply. We went to the gp a couple of weeks ago and are waiting for a hearing test referral to come through. That's something I thought of when a friend described the noises herds used to make pre grommits. She's had a couple of colds this year but can't remember if there was one before this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->