2 year old girl?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
I'm completely stuck for my dds birthday and her Christmas. Her birthday is October so only 10 weeks before Christmas.

So far I have got her a few Frozen things (a backpack and a wagon) as well as clothes - she loves clothes but they are more of a "need" than a present.

I've thought about the following, but not bought anything so far:

-small table/chair and art stuff
-play kitchen
-nice beanbag and canopy for reading nook
-balance bike
-dolls pram

She's into drawing and we already have a coffee table which she sits and draws at so I'm not sure the art table is a waste of money. She's got a cheap plastic play kitchen which she likes to dismantle so I'm not sure if she will respond better to a more sturdy one. Plus she's an only child. The reading canopy I'm not sure if it is a good present or if that's just decoration. I think she is ready for a balance bike age wise but she's so small for her age that she won't fit on even the smallest ones (she is just going into 12-18 months clothes now)

She already has a fisher price dolls pram walker but I feel she is outgrowing it a bit, in terms of it not really being a proper pram that she can put a blanket in and things, but with her being so small in height, a lot of the other ones will be too tall for her.

I would also do a swing or slide but our garden is slabbed so not ideal. She has both at my parents house.

Deffo the ikea play kitchen. It's been handed down to my daughter from my son and she loves it. X

Deffo the ikea play kitchen. It's been handed down to my daughter from my son and she loves it. X

I thought she would love the plastic one but she just pulls it apart! She does like imaginative play though. And it's cheap! Did you decorate your one or just leave it as is?

I thought she would love the plastic one but she just pulls it apart! She does like imaginative play though. And it's cheap! Did you decorate your one or just leave it as is?

We left it as it it although I've seen loads of hacks on Pinterest on how to make it more girly or spruce it up a bit. It's lasted us 5 years nearly and still looks immaculate condition

We have a second hand IKEA kitchen and it's still looking fairly good despite being well used so would recommend that too, could you keep the table more free range so sometimes it could go near the kitchen and become a restaurant table rather than just an art table?

Also when ds2 was 2 he was very little but we still found him a balance bike that fitted him and it was a fairly cheap - but new - one from eBay.

We also brought him lots of typical gifts:
Duplo
Books
Clothes
Toy cars
Simple puzzles
Kids tablet

Ds1 had a garage as his main present the Christmas he was 2

My problem is she has two older girl cousins who took really good care of their things and just had a clear out and she got loads from them. She is the youngest grandchild of three on one side and the only grandchild on the other, plus has two aunties who spoil her. And two great grandparents. I feel like she has tonnes already, like she got a hand me down tablet, we got her duplo last year and wooden blocks when we were on holiday, she has a trampoline, that stupid bouncing zebra thing, a scuttlebug, etc.

Last year we barely bought anything because family took all the good ideas, which obviously we are hugely grateful for, but she had more presents at other people's house than she did at ours and I think it ruined my experience a bit, which is ridiculous. I don't want to spoil her but "Santa" plus her parents got her less than everyone else. It sucks!

My two year old (nearly three) liked the Peppa pig play set and a wooden train track. Duplo and happyland are good for that age too.

My two year old (nearly three) liked the Peppa pig play set and a wooden train track. Duplo and happyland are good for that age too.

What sort of play set? She's not allowed to watch Peppa (don't ask, lol) but I could maybe find something similar. She loves duplo but has never shown interest in happy land stuff at playgroup.

Hi my dd turns 2 in December. Between birthday and Xmas we have got her:
Play kitchen
Duplo train
Happyland canal boat set
Couple of books
Remote control car
Wooden clock
Peg jigsaw
Threading beads
Play food and plates etc for kitchen.

The kitchen is her big Xmas pressies but haven't decided which other bits are Xmas or birthday.

Am going to ask for a tea set, musical instruments and baby doll stuff from people if asked.

Following this thread DD2 will be 2 at the beginning of December !!

Like your DD mine already has so much from big sister and given the fact they are the only grandchildren for DHs parents so get spoilt by them and us !! .

Things that our a hit in our house lately with both girls are

Prams
Princess play den
Peppa Pig
Figures
Toot too cars
Books
Smurfs
Moana
Wooden dolls house
Barbie

They both like to have the same now too so sometimes DD2 will get things that may be a bit old for her (obviously given what kind of toy it is) We have got them both Mr Ray Case and all those Swigglefish from Finding Dory for Christmas ! .

I will come back to this thread if I think of anything else lol xx

W LOVES her Ikea kitchen (got it for her 1st birthday and she still plays with it now at almost 18 months) we've got the little bits and bobs for it (pans, food etc) and she's forever messing with it.

Would she like an easel chalk board type thing? W has took a shining to hers lately. Blocks, stickle bricks etc are a hit with the kids at work (2) and things with wheels! W has also fallen in love with tents, can't get her out of it at nursery apparently. She's got one in her playroom now with cushions and teddies- a perfect reading nook that's also something she can play in/with.

My daughter has a lot of hand me downs from her brothers but I am going to get her some duplo, not sure what else yet!
ETA, forgot she will get a mini micro scooter too
Loeylo I'm not sure why your dd doesn't watch peppa but mine is a peppa pig monster and I'm slowly going insane! She has all the books now, cuddly toys too so I can't escape!!

Yes a mini micro scooter is hopefully coming from grandparents as combined Xmas and birthday. I have 6 year old nieces so we already have lots of stuff especially Happyland.

I just find peppa pig spoiled and annoying and her voice goes through me so I banned her 😂

To be fair she only really knows Bing or Frozen. We don't watch much TV so most of it is wasted on her, but she likes Bing because I have pet rabbits.

I hate Peppa! Although it seems she'll be exposed to it at some point of another :cry: :haha:

What sort of play set? She's not allowed to watch Peppa (don't ask, lol) but I could maybe find something similar. She loves duplo but has never shown interest in happy land stuff at playgroup.

She has a Peppa pig train, house and park playset. You can get non TV related too. Playmobil 123 is good too.

When my DD was 2 we got her a little cash register shop set with pretend food and she loved it. It's been one of the longest lasting toys as she still plays with it now sometimes.
Other things we got her at that age included jigsaws, games, a Peppa Pig torch, a small piano keyboard, craft sets etc :)

I have the exact same problem my DD is 2 11th November and then my DS is 4 on 3rd February I am starting to find Christmas & Birthdays hard to buy for!

As I can see it they don't really NEED anything :wacko:

I am thinking clothes for birthday and maybe a Teepee for DD for her Christmas :shrug:

So hard :wacko:

We thought about a teepee but she's scared of them. She's also scared of her rocking horse. Which is weird as she loves real horses and they are obviously bigger!

I think we have decided in some sort of bed for her dolls.

Also looking at a portable DVD player for when we go away next year.

We got DD2 this dolls bed from amazon. It's spacious, put together well and sturdy. She uses the drawer for her baby's changing bag, clothes and accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->