2 year old speech

skiwi

wife, mum, and pregnant
Reaction score
Hi all

Abbie will be 2 end of jan, i am worried about her speech, she says about 10 words that i understand, she will sing the start of nursery rymes, and hum the rest, when i read to her she will point to pictures, she does talk alot in her own language, i know all kids are diff, but because my son has autisim, i can't help comparing, i know i should not but its hard, the thing is all, Abbies friends are a year older or much younger, have i got something to worry about...

:confused: XxX

Hun, I don't think you have anything to worry about, Kacy barley says any words she just repeats the ones that she learnt ages ago, she knows other words but wouldn't say them.

Ella speaks alot more then Kacy but our mate who toddler is nearly a year older speaks not alot really at all, all children are different and they do things in their own time, she is doing very well to be able to start nursery rhyme's

Sere is always gabbling away in Serenspeak - and fully expects us toknow what she is saying. She can say a fair few words so if she wants something, like a drink, food, play, draw or sees an animal she will say the words but normally gabbles away in gobbledegook so I really wouldn't worry. She is like your daughter, will be singing a song but I have no idea what as I don't understand what she is saying. Usually its because she is doing the actions I can usually guess it. Though she can sing the teletubbies song a bit too well - oops

Thanks you you have put my mind at rest....

EWan is putting sentences together and asking for thiings quite coherently now he is 2yrs and 3 months almost.
i think they all develop e at their own speed, but if oyu ar worried you can still see the HV.

i dont think u have anything to worry about when thomas was 2 he was barely saying anything at all prolly bout 1 or 2 words i took him to docs and he is receiving speech therapy now he is now 4 and started putting sentences together although still needs help on his pronounciation which is being worked on

I dont think you have anything to worry about hun, she is doing very well by singing nursey rhymes it seems she is about where she should be at this age. Ella does very well with her speech can count 1-10 knows colours and sings songs ect but I think thats because she is such an independant little madam theres no stopping her!

sounds like she is doing great to me though hun, there are children older than her who dont say anything! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->