20 Kids and counting

I have watched the show for many years and i like the family.
They make their own money to support their needs. The buddy system works and i personally don't see it as older kids bringing up the younger kids, I see it as helping. They all are a very happy family and it works for them so who are people to criticize.
They have a true trust in God and i think thats nice and i admire them for that.

My dad and mum only had 3 of us but they worked full time and my sister and I looked after my brother alot but that has just gave us all a very close bond. We would take him to school and pick him up. We made his breakfast and I loved making his packed lunch for school. I would only saying what they were doing was wrong if the dugger girls hated the buddie system but they seem to like it.

At the end of the day, we all will have different opinions on the bringing up of kids etc but i think they are a great family and people could learn alot watching them.

At least the duggars keep it in the family unlike alot of celebs who hire staff in to look after their kids but many people are fine with that!

They make such a huge deal of J names too. Its such a publicity sham!

I completely disagree! it is just like their family tradition... they didn't expect to have so many kids and the J thing just stuck! ... This was in place YEARS before the family even would have considered going on TV.

They did expect to have so many kids, actually. After their first miscarriage, they made the conscious decision to not stop having kids until they were physically unable to do so. When you make this conscious choice, you KNOW you're going to have that many kids, especially when your period is returning at 6 months postpartum.

The latest mine came back was 13 weeks, the earliest, 7. That didn't mean I jumped on my husband and said, "Alright, let's make another!"

They did expect to have so many kids, actually. After their first miscarriage, they made the conscious decision to not stop having kids until they were physically unable to do so. When you make this conscious choice, you KNOW you're going to have that many kids, especially when your period is returning at 6 months postpartum.

The latest mine came back was 13 weeks, the earliest, 7. That didn't mean I jumped on my husband and said, "Alright, let's make another!"

Actually I read their book and they said they didn't expect so many as it had taken a while to conceive at the beginning of their marriage follow a misscarraige, And they believed the miscarriage was due to using contraception there for decided not to tamper with gods will! They didn't wake up and think "oh I want 20 kids"

Sure...but they did say they don't want to stop at an uneven number, and even if number 20 comes along, there will be a 21...and a 22...where does it stop?

In my opinion a loss is a loss I don't care how many kids you have :cry::cry: And nobody has the right to tell anyone how many kids they should have, as long as the kids are taken care of and provided for. I could understand people being mad if the kids were not taken care of and they were living off the state for support then yes why have so many if you can't afford them, but that is not the case here. I feel awful for them , I think she is 43 now so she may want to think about what to do now. Hope they heal soon:hugs::hugs::hugs:

how do they still manage to DTD with 20 kids in the house!! i already worried when TTC DD2 incase DD1 walked in on us if she woke up in the night etc!
I dont agree with older children raining their siblings tho, helping out is 1 thing but being expected to raise them is a step too far IMO years back it was fine as it was expected, but today with children expected to be children then its not fair. I had a friend when in high school who looked after her 2 younger siblings done all the house work, cooking, cleaning etc whilst her mum sat on her bum in the living room, we couldnt believe that she put up with it all! she didnt get any pocket money and often had to say no to days out with friends or sleepovers etc because she had to baby sit her siblings, She put up with it because she knew no different, i thought that was very wrong, for a teen girl to know nothing different than having to cook, clean. do laundry and babysit at a young age.

Surely if they can afford these 20 kids they can afford a live in nanny to help out and give the older children a break xxx

They said they will have as many children as god gives them... Be it 2 or 20. I think more families should be like them in their values.... Today there are thousands of terminations in very short time periods :( it would be nice to bring back value of life and good family environments instead of the greed infested shit holevwere raising our kids in :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->