20 week gender scan- could they be wrong??

MrsPow

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Had our gender scan this week and it's a girl! Still in shock because we've got 2 boys and there are no boys on my husbands side of the family.
How likely is it that they could have got it wrong? The lady doing the scan did get a second opinion and they said girl too. They did say that her 'lady bits' were quite prominent? ?!

ConsI Deri g booking a private scan in a few weeks just to double check!

Well, if you had two expert opinions on baby's gender, and they both said it was a girl, odds are, that they're correct!

I'd say they have got it right..
i think i'd be indenial if I'm handed a girl baby this time in the flesh let along on the scan after two boys!

It is normal for babies to have swollen bits while in the womb, or even for a bit of time after birth. I'd say if two different techs said that your baby is a girl, I wouldn't second guess it. Congrats on your pink bump!

I'm having a girl after 2 boys too! Still a bit of a shock and feel a tad werid selecting the 'baby girl' tabs on websites.

Congrats!!

They have been known to get it wrong as afterall, people are only human BUT if there was two of them there saying that, then I would take it as they are right :)

If you still get a nagging doubt a few weeks on, by all means book a private scan but I think I would be happy with the 2 opinions x

Thanks guys I just can't get my head around it! I'm too afraid to look at pink stuff just inn case lol. Going to book a 3d scan for 28 weeks just to make sure before I start spending! X

I'd book a private scan just to double check if you're worried they might have got it wrong, so that you can start believing it :).
My DH's colleague just had a baby boy after being told girl, came as quite a shock to them! They were told girl at their anomaly scan though, not a specific gender scan. It happens but it is uncommon!

They're usually pretty accurate especially if there was a second opinion but I know what you mean about the worry, with our DD I was paranoid it was going to be another boy and all the girly things would be pointless!

Well I've booked a 4d scan for August ( couldn't have one earlier as you have to be 28 weeks ideally ). We've always wanted one and as it's our last baby thought it would be nice,plus they can hopefully confirm a girl lol. Still haven't looked at any baby things yet just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->