20 week scan.........not good news

ellahstruts

Reaction score
So many of you know i have a stitch in, and today was our 20 week scan, the baby is measuring right for dates and is a little girl.....all good........so then she does my internal scan for cervical length and my cervix has got shorter 2cm,and there is evidence of funneling at the top..... here we go again, so a very worried me and my partner sit in delivery suite when a registrar is called to come and see me,as my consultant is on holiday in india, and says that he isnt too worried as i still have a cervical length of 2cm and the funneling is just a warning sign, etc etc, so i ask if i should be on bed rest and he says no....????????.........so he says smile its xmas, i could have punched him, so now i am sitting here not knowing if i am going to labour, or if my waters are going to go etc etc or if i am going to make it 24 weeks and beyond, or lose this daughter like i lost my last one......i honestly cnnot take much more x :nope:

oh sweetie, i don't really know what to say but didn't want to read and run. I so hope everything turns out ok. Try and get some rest. Sending lots of sticky :dust: your way :hugs:

Hi

I don't have experience or expertise but I would definitely say rest up as much as you can.
Also, easier said than done but do try and think positively that right now you are not in labour and your waters are intact. Hopefully Christmas will be peaceful for you and that you can get another appointment with your consultant soon.

Praying for you. I'd be resting up just in case, who cares what the doctor says, do what is necessary for your own peace of mind. Praying that LO stays put in there!

Cat
xxx

i'm sure the dr would've put u on bed rest if he felt necessary. take it easy over xmas and make sure others do the difficult stuff 4 u! :hugs:

try to take it easy hun. it was nasty of the dr to make light of the situation esp as you are worried due to your previous loss.

id make an appt with the cons when he comes back from india to see what he says. x :hugs:

Take it easy and look after yourself. Hope everything goes o.k for you.

xx

i am really sorry hope your little one can hang on in there and take it easy x x

rest up hunny. just in case ;)

Hope everything works out for you. if you feel like you should be on bedrest, then do it. Please follow your heart. Its better 2 be safe, then wonder what if...

I'm having regular scans to check length of cervix as i also have the same worry, but look, cervix' are funny things and can change significantly in the space of ten mins, so hopefully you caught it having an "off" moment. Try not to worry too much, and do as the others day, take it easy. Enjoy your xmas and keep ur chin up. ;)

Laura x

As you know I also have a stitch in. I have been today to have my cervix checked, we were talking about funnelling to my consultant and I was asking if it takes weeks or can happen over night. Her reply was everyone is different she has seen many ways,she said that funnelling can go back up again and get better. If I was you I would do as little as possible and fingers crossed your little girl will stay in place a few weeks more. Its so scary isn't it especially when you have already seen the consequences before. Will be thinking of you x

thankyou everyone all of these wishes have just made me cry, we are staying positive and trying our hardest to make this xmas as good for our 4 other kids as possible, their dad take them away on oxing day for a week so it gives me a chance to rest up. my o/h has gone and rought some pillows to keep my legs elevated atleast until 24 weeks and i am doing as little as possile, also when she scanned me yesterday she had just finished my detailed acan and was so rough pushing me way way down to try and get a view of things as she was in a funny position, hopefully with my edrest, lots of prayers and some good luck i can make it to 24 weeks, which is jan 15th.... thanks girls i am so scared of going through what we endured last time xx

You will be in my prayers, relax and enjoy the holidays with your family. I'm also going through a complicated pregnancy, so I understand how you feel.

oh hun :hugs: rest as much as you can. im keeping everything crossed for you and been thinking of you. xxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

oh hun... so sorry you're going through this :( I am pretty sure though if something was really wrong, they would admit you right on the spot and put on bed rest in the hospital. Fingers crossed for you hun, try to relax and think very positive xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->