20 week scan.........not good news

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by ellahstruts, Dec 23, 2009.

1. ellahstruts

ellahstruts Well-Known Member

So many of you know i have a stitch in, and today was our 20 week scan, the baby is measuring right for dates and is a little girl.....all good........so then she does my internal scan for cervical length and my cervix has got shorter 2cm,and there is evidence of funneling at the top..... here we go again, so a very worried me and my partner sit in delivery suite when a registrar is called to come and see me,as my consultant is on holiday in india, and says that he isnt too worried as i still have a cervical length of 2cm and the funneling is just a warning sign, etc etc, so i ask if i should be on bed rest and he says no....????????.........so he says smile its xmas, i could have punched him, so now i am sitting here not knowing if i am going to labour, or if my waters are going to go etc etc or if i am going to make it 24 weeks and beyond, or lose this daughter like i lost my last one......i honestly cnnot take much more x :nope:

2. thelilbump

thelilbump ♥ mummy to a princess ♥

oh sweetie, i don't really know what to say but didn't want to read and run. I so hope everything turns out ok. Try and get some rest. Sending lots of sticky :dust: your way :hugs:

3. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Hi

I don't have experience or expertise but I would definitely say rest up as much as you can.
    Also, easier said than done but do try and think positively that right now you are not in labour and your waters are intact. Hopefully Christmas will be peaceful for you and that you can get another appointment with your consultant soon.

4. catfromaus

catfromaus Mum to angel Aiden Lynne

Praying for you. I'd be resting up just in case, who cares what the doctor says, do what is necessary for your own peace of mind. Praying that LO stays put in there!

Cat
    xxx

5. maybebaby3

maybebaby3 Proud mum of 4!

i'm sure the dr would've put u on bed rest if he felt necessary. take it easy over xmas and make sure others do the difficult stuff 4 u! :hugs:

6. Sam9kids

Sam9kids Guest

Awwww just take it easy xxx

7. mandzzzz

mandzzzz Well-Known Member

Take it easy, hope everything turns out ok xx

8. debjolin

debjolin Well-Known Member

try to take it easy hun. it was nasty of the dr to make light of the situation esp as you are worried due to your previous loss.

id make an appt with the cons when he comes back from india to see what he says. x :hugs:

9. mikababy

mikababy Gorgeous little baby girl

Take it easy and look after yourself. Hope everything goes o.k for you.

xx

10. JIGGY

JIGGY Well-Known Member

take it easy chick xxxxxx

11. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

:hugs:

Hope all works out ok for you

12. jess_smurf

jess_smurf Angel Kristian & Olivia

i am really sorry hope your little one can hang on in there and take it easy x x

13. AP

AP Well-Known Member

rest up hunny. just in case ;)

14. seekingbaby#1

seekingbaby#1 Well-Known Member

Hope everything works out for you. if you feel like you should be on bedrest, then do it. Please follow your heart. Its better 2 be safe, then wonder what if...

15. born2bamum

born2bamum v happily married

I'm having regular scans to check length of cervix as i also have the same worry, but look, cervix' are funny things and can change significantly in the space of ten mins, so hopefully you caught it having an "off" moment. Try not to worry too much, and do as the others day, take it easy. Enjoy your xmas and keep ur chin up. ;)

Laura x

16. jo04070

jo04070 Active Member

As you know I also have a stitch in. I have been today to have my cervix checked, we were talking about funnelling to my consultant and I was asking if it takes weeks or can happen over night. Her reply was everyone is different she has seen many ways,she said that funnelling can go back up again and get better. If I was you I would do as little as possible and fingers crossed your little girl will stay in place a few weeks more. Its so scary isn't it especially when you have already seen the consequences before. Will be thinking of you x

17. ellahstruts

ellahstruts Well-Known Member

thankyou everyone all of these wishes have just made me cry, we are staying positive and trying our hardest to make this xmas as good for our 4 other kids as possible, their dad take them away on oxing day for a week so it gives me a chance to rest up. my o/h has gone and rought some pillows to keep my legs elevated atleast until 24 weeks and i am doing as little as possile, also when she scanned me yesterday she had just finished my detailed acan and was so rough pushing me way way down to try and get a view of things as she was in a funny position, hopefully with my edrest, lots of prayers and some good luck i can make it to 24 weeks, which is jan 15th.... thanks girls i am so scared of going through what we endured last time xx

18. seekingbaby#1

seekingbaby#1 Well-Known Member

You will be in my prayers, relax and enjoy the holidays with your family. I'm also going through a complicated pregnancy, so I understand how you feel.

19. jackie.d

jackie.d Mum to 3 boys + 1 girl ♥

oh hun :hugs: rest as much as you can. im keeping everything crossed for you and been thinking of you. xxxxxx
    :hugs::hugs::hugs:

20. lanaross

lanaross Mom to Bella and Greyson

oh hun... so sorry you're going through this :( I am pretty sure though if something was really wrong, they would admit you right on the spot and put on bed rest in the hospital. Fingers crossed for you hun, try to relax and think very positive xxx