20 week scan question... Good to have an active baby?

firsttimetry

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies

I have my 20 week scan next week - yippee!! And I would like to know, from people who have had their scan, if it's best to have an active baby for the scan? I know it sounds silly but I know you can wake your LO up by having a cold fizzy drink etc but if it's really active can they still take the measurements ok? Cause I've heard if you have a sluggish baby and they're lying the wrong way, then they can't say if it's a boy or a girl.

Thanks for your advice xxx

It's nice to have them a little active so they will cooperate, but don't over due the sugar cause they can be too active to get the measurments :)

My little one was over-active and wouldnt stay in place long enough for them to get anything done. They almost gave up on trying to get a proper look at all the chambers of her heart because she would not stay still and were going to ask me to come back - but fortunately, she settled down about an hour in to the appointment. It took about an hour and a half or so before they finally finished measuring everything they needed! So dont over stimulate LO either, I'd say.

i just drank a diet coke before the appt and my LO was moving just right. and by right before, i mean i was finishing the coke as i was walking into the ultrasound room. she got active when she needed to, but she was calm for the first 10-15 or so, enough to get all the measurements they needed.

Hey, I'd my scan last friday, an my wee one was moving about all over the place. The sonographer seemed very happy with this because it meant she could see it (sooo dont want to call my baby it but they wont tell you the sex at my hospital) from just about every angle going and therefore get lots of measurements of everything she needed to. I didnt have any caffeine or anything sweet beforehand, but i did eat some toast and any kind of food seems to make bumpford very active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->