20 week scan today. Tall slim baby! :O

LankyDoodle

Reaction score
:happydance: I had my scan today at 21+2. Her femur length is measuring nearly 24 weeks!!!! Her head circumference is measuring 21+6. However, her waist circumference is 20+2.

Different measurements at 20 week scans do NOT change your due date; they give an indication as to the size of the baby. Considering I was told at 12 weeks that I am expected to have a 10lb10oz baby, her being a week behind on waist measurement is just one in the face for them! It is estimated that she currently weighs around 450g which is about 1lb.

I have to go back in 2 weeks to be rescanned as there were some bits she could not do and she needs to get a closer look at the baby's heart. She didn't confirm gender for us and I now realise, reading the letter, that you have to outwardly ask at the start of the scan rather than wait for them to offer the information. I got one cruddy picture which she didn't charge me for. She got good views of most things and slight views of the things she couldn't properly look at... enough to say that she is happy that there are no abnormalities; however she does need to look closer at the heart. I just feel happy now that I get to see my baby again in 2 weeks! Haha! This will mean I saw her at 8+4, 12+6, 16+4, 17+2, 21+2 and will be seeing her at about 23+2, then having my 4d scan at about 26 weeks and a presentation scan at 36 weeks. I just love seeing her!

Anyway, it was enough for me just to see her wriggling, her heart beating and her position in my tummy! She is breech on my right hand side, facing towards my left hand side, with her arms and legs stretched out in front of her like she is sat on a really comfy chair! :cloud9:

So happy in many ways and feel a bit cheated in others, but oh well!

Trust me hunny you will get to see more of her next time, once the sonographer has got what he/she wants the rest is just showing you bubs etc. I am so glad i got to go back, besides its nice to get something extra after all the money we pay for National Insurance etc! xxx

Thanks both. :)

I am hoping that's the case, Rozie. I was in there 25-30 minutes and she showed me the placenta and cord, eyes, stomach, kidneys, heart pumping away, bladder, legs/feet, arms/hands, face profile shot, skull, vague shot of the spine (which is one thing she needs to recheck along with getting a closer look at the heart), thigh bones (femurs), lip/nose. It was all really nice, but was definitely her mission to find out this baby has no abnormalities, so anything else like gender was secondary and as I didn't ask it was forgotten, but next time I will remember! :D

When was your last scan then Rozie? I am a bit concerned I will be waiting weeks for a rescan. She said 2 weeks and they will send an appt through, but I guess if I don't get an appt through next week I will phone them.

Thanks both. :)

I am hoping that's the case, Rozie. I was in there 25-30 minutes and she showed me the placenta and cord, eyes, stomach, kidneys, heart pumping away, bladder, legs/feet, arms/hands, face profile shot, skull, vague shot of the spine (which is one thing she needs to recheck along with getting a closer look at the heart), thigh bones (femurs), lip/nose. It was all really nice, but was definitely her mission to find out this baby has no abnormalities, so anything else like gender was secondary and as I didn't ask it was forgotten, but next time I will remember! :D

When was your last scan then Rozie? I am a bit concerned I will be waiting weeks for a rescan. She said 2 weeks and they will send an appt through, but I guess if I don't get an appt through next week I will phone them.

My 1st 20 week scan was last week. They re-booked me then and there for a weeks time, i guess this is just the appointment system they have in place. They also booked my 36 week scan and told me the date but will send out a letter closer to the time. I would call them, because alot of the time they have appointments they just need a kick in the right direction to get it moving. You should give them a call and see if they can get you in ASAP. xxx

Oooh I think I might just do that, Rozie! :D I might play dumb. Mwahahaha!

My 36 week scan is booked already!

Thanks Rozie. I did it and the woman said to me 'it's not for you to worry about, you'll get sent a letter according to your priority'. :mad: I understand that, I guess, but was worth a try. LOL. She said if I was told 2 weeks it will more than likely be after xmas now. :( If I haven't received an appt through by the end of next week, I am going to phone them and chase it up as by then I will be nearly 23 weeks and I think that's pushing it myself!

Ohhh she sounds like such a jobs worth!! I hope you get your appointment before xmas hun, thinking you probably will and she is just being a so and so on the phone. xxx

Glad you had a good scan, my babies head was measuring 21 weeks when I was 20 weeks, but her dad does have a big head! lol x

Awww congrats, sounds like you had a pretty good scan :)

Do you have the actual measurements? I was told my lil man had long femurs [no great surprise there, both me and OH have!] and just seen in my notes that the measurement is 31.1mm.

For some reason I don't have the CRL measurement or the BPD [width of head] just the head and waist circumference.

Oh and mine was breech too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->