20 year age gap. ttc

dillydally

Reaction score
Hi. ive joined this forum because im about to start trying for another child and my only child is 20. so much seems to have changed since I had my son and im just looking for somewhere to ask advice. I had a coil fitted for over 10 year and have had various goes on the pill in the last 20 year. I have just come off the mini pill 2 weeks ago and im not really sure what to expect. When using contraceptives I never had a period so im not even sure its possible for me to have more children. my time on the mini pill seems to have given me some weight gain as well just to add to my problems.
:wacko:

if you don't mind my asking your age now? Just curious. And ANYTHING is possible! I know of someone that got pregnant naturally at 45 and also another at 48!

hi.
im 40 in august. Think my main worry is that for 20 years on various contraception ive never had a pregnancy worry. May be I have just been very lucky but even when ive missed my pill or been ill nothing has happened. guess its early days so I just need wait and try not to worry too much.
my sister had a baby at 40 but she did have 7 others before

I can relate to your situation. My kids are 20 and 22 and I'm trying to start over with a new baby. Unfortunately, my AMH (ovarian reserve) is quite low. The RE has me on clomid. So, hopefully I'll find success that way.

GL on your journey!

I'm just waiting for my first period since finishing my pill. Its only been 2weeks so I think I may need to learn to be patient.

I am 38 and my oldest is 19 and youngest is 12. I am on cycle 3 and am due to ovulate any day now. My doctor doesn't seem to have any worries that I will conceive naturally. Good luck everyone and :dust: for all!

I am 40 (40.5) and got pregnant naturally with both my girls. One is 15 and the other is 20 months. I am TTC #3...and I think you'll do great! I love having babies 14 years a part. It's been a lot of fun!

Good luck everyone!

My main concern is the fact that I haven't had any children in 20 years.
ive been off the pill for 2 weeks now so just going to give it a few months until I start to worry.
Guess it was just so easy the first time and now there seems to be all these rules to follow, things to avoid etc.
just need to get my head around it all.

Hello ladies, I turned 40 in January and just as a positive for you all my DD1 is 20, DD2 is 2 and we are TTC #3
Things have changed since having DD1 but I soon got back into the swing of things and feel so much more relaxed as an older mummy.
Good luck ladies and relax... Fx for a little miracle for you all xx

4 weeks on and I'm still a waiting for my period 😞. The good news is ive started losing weight which I'm sure will help. Just want a sign that my body is still able to have a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->