2012...The End?

Eve

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the whole 2012 thing going on?

There's not a lot that scares me but every time i think about 2012 i feel sick and anxious and tearful :shrug: i can't explain why either!

Same here! What freaks me out is the natural disasters that seem to be popping up everywhere! I seriously do worry about it!

Urgh. I am shaking now haha. My ex believes it is our creators' (aliens) way of weeding out the ignorant and leaving open minded people to continue with a 'push' from them to give better skills or abilities. I'm not sure what I believe but i'm not ignorant so that's how i'm going to think of it

That makes me feel a little better... lol
My biggest fear is my children, that is what scares me the most!

J&Kx2 yeah i worry about Albert. He'll only be 2 :cry:

Blah - 2012 is when the mayan's have predicted an apocolyptic disaster :wacko:

thanks... well I'm assuming it's not based on scientific evidence, so I'll work on the basis that we'll still be here in 2013!

I have said this a bazillion times over now lol but I will say it again. Seriously, don't worry yourself over the 2012 conspiracy. It's so flawed and ridiculous. The Mayans were a bunch of stargazers who thought they could predict the end of the world on the theory that the Gods would just regenerate the entire earth when they got 'bored' and, my favourite thing to highlight, the Mayan race died out because on the most part they were poisoned by their own water supply. Why was their water supply poisonous? Because they threw sacrificed bodies into the resevoir where their drinking water came from. Bodies they sacrified to the aforementioned Gods to stop them from ending the world. Ironic? Absolutely. Nobody can predict the end of the world. Especially the Mayans who had no idea what the world would even be like in 2012 and how we would have developed as humans and how the world had developed itself

I have said this a bazillion times over now lol but I will say it again. Seriously, don't worry yourself over the 2012 conspiracy. It's so flawed and ridiculous. The Mayans were a bunch of stargazers who thought they could predict the end of the world on the theory that the Gods would just regenerate the entire earth when they got 'bored' and, my favourite thing to highlight, the Mayan race died out because on the most part they were poisoned by their own water supply. Why was their water supply poisonous? Because they threw sacrificed bodies into the resevoir where their drinking water came from. Bodies they sacrified to the aforementioned Gods to stop them from ending the world. Ironic? Absolutely. Nobody can predict the end of the world. Especially the Mayans who had no idea what the world would even be like in 2012 and how we would have developed as humans and how the world had developed itself

That does make me feel a little better!

I've got to agree with AppleBlossom!

21st December 2012 we are supposedly going to be wiped out, why? The Mayans said so. How did we come to this conclusion? The Mayan Calender ends on that date.

Yet no one ever mentions how the very nexy day another Mayan Calender begins, so if it were true they obviously believed they would be there enough to use another calander. The Mayan Calender is based on the the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar and this wikipedia article may interest you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayan_calendar - scroll down to the long count calender section.
Here's the quote though if you don't want to

Since Calendar Round dates can only distinguish in 18,980 days, equivalent to around 52 solar years, the cycle repeats roughly once each lifetime, and thus, a more refined method of dating was needed if history was to be recorded accurately. To measure dates, therefore, over periods longer than 52 years, Mesoamericans devised the Long Count calendar.

The Maya name for a day was k'in. Twenty of these k'ins are known as a winal or uinal. Eighteen winals make one tun. Twenty tuns are known as a k'atun. Twenty k'atuns make a b'ak'tun.

The Long Count calendar identifies a date by counting the number of days from the Mayan creation date 4 Ahaw, 8 Kumk'u (August 11, 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar or September 6 in the Julian calendar). But instead of using a base-10 (decimal) scheme like Western numbering, the Long Count days were tallied in a modified base-20 scheme. Thus 0.0.0.1.5 is equal to 25, and 0.0.0.2.0 is equal to 40. As the winal unit resets after only counting to 18, the Long Count consistently uses base-20 only if the tun is considered the primary unit of measurement, not the k'in; with the k'in and winal units being the number of days in the tun. The Long Count 0.0.1.0.0 represents 360 days, rather than the 400 in a purely base-20 (vigesimal) count.

Table of Long Count units Days Long Count period Long Count period Approx solar years
1 = 1 K'in
20 = 20 K'in = 1 Winal 0.0548
360 = 18 Winal = 1 Tun 0.985
7,200 = 20 Tun = 1 K'atun 19.7
144,000 = 20 K'atun = 1 B'ak'tun 394.3

There are also four rarely used higher-order cycles: piktun, kalabtun, k'inchiltun, and alautun.

Since the Long Count dates are unambiguous, the Long Count was particularly well suited to use on monuments. The monumental inscriptions would not only include the 5 digits of the Long Count, but would also include the two tzolk'in characters followed by the two haab' characters.

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the first day of the 14th b'ak'tun.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."[14] The 2009 science fiction apocalyptic disaster film 2012 is based on this belief.

So don't worry yourself, our modern interpretations of such things have left our knees shaking, when we are so far off.

https://www.spiritual-experiences.com/real-spiritual-story.php?story=181

^^ Exactly Rubixcyoob. I love conspiracy theories in general but I really hate this one lol it puts fear into people based on the loosest facts. No disrespect to the Mayans of course lol

I dont think people should be worried but I bet this whole thing will get out of control in the next few years LOL. Great...

Can you imagine what people will be like the day before?!

Oh yes, it does worry me, the what if's... even though it shouldn't!

Makes me feel a little better too!

Can you imagine what people will be like the day before?!

Knowing me... oh who am I kidding... I have no clue, I will probably be calling everyone I know and love to tell them I love them LOL... Yes, I am a little nuts! :wacko:

Well i might head for stone henge just to be on the safe side. Or up a mountain :rofl:

2012. No way, remember a lot of this is based of a Mayan farming calendar. Pre-made calenders don't go on forever and it was supposed to just start over again after it's end.
"Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the first day of the 14th b'ak'tun."
Doomsday has been predicted SOOOOO many times throughout civilization. There are no asteroids looming over us for that year, no pole shift that would happen. The sun is set to have some solar flares (a solar maximum) but it's nothing out of the ordinary -- it had the same cycle 2000 and it happened before that as well as it will continue.
Please don't worry yourselves w/2012 nonsense, it's mostly just a way to cash in on hysteria.

Its not about the calendar originaly. That was misinterpreted Its about the 13 crystal skulls but its a good thing :)

i'm really unsure about this one! i want to believe that it isn't going to happen but when i think about it it gives me the quivers!

the world is going to end some day! i just hope its not then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->