2012...The End?

Probably from the book the history channel got it from lol. This probably did happen but not to the extent they made out. They were very very intelligent. I dont know how the media has changed everything they have ever written but alot of the original it is about crystal skulls. I guess its plausible but I dont think its anything to be worried about anyway x

My dad still has a book on 2012 from the 70s lol its pretty good x

Probably from the book the history channel got it from lol. This probably did happen but not to the extent they made out. They were very very intelligent. I dont know how the media has changed everything they have ever written but alot of the original it is about crystal skulls. I guess its plausible but I dont think its anything to be worried about anyway x

Lol. I think it is probably exaggerated, I doubt they were ALL killed off because of that. But it certainly contributed. Either way, I don't believe predictions for anything, especially 2012. I just don't believe that people can say something will happen before it does. Maybe I should be less skeptical. It's one thing predicting say, that someone will have a baby. But the end of the world? It's just too big a thing to predict imo. And the fact that most predicitions come from way back makes me more skeptical because they didn't know how advanced the world would be in terms of technology etc, for all they knew we could have major defences in place to prevent a massive disaster that could end the world, whatever it may be.

Lol. I think it is probably exaggerated, I doubt they were ALL killed off because of that. But it certainly contributed. Either way, I don't believe predictions for anything, especially 2012. I just don't believe that people can say something will happen before it does. Maybe I should be less skeptical. It's one thing predicting say, that someone will have a baby. But the end of the world? It's just too big a thing to predict imo. And the fact that most predicitions come from way back makes me more skeptical because they didn't know how advanced the world would be in terms of technology etc, for all they knew we could have major defences in place to prevent a massive disaster that could end the world, whatever it may be.

I'm with you apple and reckon a good degree of scepticism is healthy. I love the term "the end of the world". How exactly will the world end? I believe it will end when the sun swallows it up in however many billion years but how else can it end exactly? I think what people really mean is humans will come to an end, which we no doubt will (on Earth anyway) before the sun swallows us up.

Considering many of the greatest thinkers of our past had such crazy notions as flat Earth; geocentric solar system; creation in 7 days etc I really doubt that Mayans or anyone else would be able to so accurately predict some magical earthly destruction in a specific year of the Christian calendar when none of our current day scientists can predict any such major event with any more accuracy than a few hundred thousand years.

just to add ...want to make it clear and so that no-one thinks i actually believe the world will end :p lol its more of an interest of mine then a belief! i think something will happen in the next few years ... but i don't think it will be the end of the world haha x

according to some irish ppl the world ended last nite for them lol.

I have said this a bazillion times over now lol but I will say it again. Seriously, don't worry yourself over the 2012 conspiracy. It's so flawed and ridiculous. The Mayans were a bunch of stargazers who thought they could predict the end of the world on the theory that the Gods would just regenerate the entire earth when they got 'bored' and, my favourite thing to highlight, the Mayan race died out because on the most part they were poisoned by their own water supply. Why was their water supply poisonous? Because they threw sacrificed bodies into the resevoir where their drinking water came from. Bodies they sacrified to the aforementioned Gods to stop them from ending the world. Ironic? Absolutely. Nobody can predict the end of the world. Especially the Mayans who had no idea what the world would even be like in 2012 and how we would have developed as humans and how the world had developed itself

Thank you! I always try not to read this stuff as much as I don't believe it, I get scared! lol. So you putting it out there as to why it's crap makes me feel better!

I don't believe it. How can there be an exact date when the world will end, no one can pinpoint when it will end, it just will. Doesn't anyone remember 2000? Everyone thought computers would go crazy and a horrible financial disaster would happen...nothing happened, so why would 2012 be any different?

I don't think the world will end in 2012, but tbh the thought of it sometimes makes me really anxious & nervous. I can't imagine the world ending, it would be so scary!! I actually read a news article that researchers believe the Mayan calendar is off by 50 years. So, if the world is supposed to end, hopefully it's in 2062 rather than 2012!! But no, I don't think it is really. :flower:

The mayans didnt ever predict the end of the world. They never claimed to. I read my dads book from 1972 and its much better than the ones that have been adapted. Its a date that will be talked out way after 2012 has come and gone. I think a bigger threat to us is Nuclear war- North and south Korea etc!

The 2012 is much more of a higher awareness. I think humans will probably be the factor to wiping themselves out to be fair. Either that or Mother Nature but I wouldn't worry about it. Its a waste of 2 yrs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->