2012...The End?

Yes I pride myself on being a rational thinker! lol Apocolyptic theories really don't get me. :D

I know its silly to be but I'm so so scared about it. Mike thinks I'm a muppet for worrying but I can't help it!
So many bad things have been happening recently, what if its the start :cry:

And normally I think so rationally! :haha:

Even my 14 year old sister takes the piss out of me for worrying

xxx

The mayans didnt predict the end of the world. It predicts a change, end of the long count calander and for the first time in 26,000 years that the galaxy will be in a certain alignment. No where says end of the world but spiritual change and a world waking up to the mess its in (in modern terms lol). The Mayans didnt wipe themselves out with the water thing, it was partly down to other tribes. The Mayans and alot of there buildings and work were destroyed. The Mayans still remain the best known astrologers and are yet to be conquered.

No one watch the history channel for any mayan or 2012 programmes. They are all well known bull shat x

The mayans didnt predict the end of the world. It predicts a change, end of the long count calander and for the first time in 26,000 years that the galaxy will be in a certain alignment. No where says end of the world but spiritual change and a world waking up to the mess its in (in modern terms lol). The Mayans didnt wipe themselves out with the water thing, it was partly down to other tribes. The Mayans and alot of there buildings and work were destroyed. The Mayans still remain the best known astrologers and are yet to be conquered.

No one watch the history channel for any mayan or 2012 programmes. They are all well known bull shat x

Which is why this hype is a load of BS! lol

I dont think the world will end. I dont think there will be a change in one day but maybe subtle changes, natural changes are happening around us everyday but yet we dont notice. People will continue to study 2012 long after the date has past because its so fascinating. No where did the Mayans predict anything of the sort. People have been studying this for hundreds of years, its not a new phase thing (only the media) its also nothing to be scared off. Its actually VERY VERY interesting.

i think it will end up being like a lot of other theories...y2k etc etc

I dont think the world will end. I dont think there will be a change in one day but maybe subtle changes, natural changes are happening around us everyday but yet we dont notice. People will continue to study 2012 long after the date has past because its so fascinating. No where did the Mayans predict anything of the sort. People have been studying this for hundreds of years, its not a new phase thing (only the media) its also nothing to be scared off. Its actually VERY VERY interesting.

From a cultural and mathematical point of view, I agree, definitely interesting, just like all ancient cultures. I disagree with subtle changes though, nothing subtle about climate change!

Personally, I don't believe it will be the end of the world. Just the end of the world as we know it. I have a weird feeling something big will happen to the world in 2012, but I definitely don't think it'll be the apocolypse!

On another note, I love the film 2012. It's a little scary though. I was watching it the other day and cuddling Ike in the hope that nothing would happen to him. =/

From Wiki:

'Scholars from various disciplines have dismissed the idea of catastrophe in 2012. Mainstream Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the existing classic Maya accounts, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history.[3][5] The modern Maya do not consider the date significant, and the classical sources on the subject are scarce and contradictory, suggesting that there was little if any universal agreement among them about what, if anything, the date might mean.[6]'

It's all a misunderstanding, combined with a dash of pseudoscience and bad astronomy.

Seriously people, don't worry about this. It has as much merit as those people who believe the earth is run by space lizards.

From Wiki:

'Scholars from various disciplines have dismissed the idea of catastrophe in 2012. Mainstream Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the existing classic Maya accounts, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history.[3][5] The modern Maya do not consider the date significant, and the classical sources on the subject are scarce and contradictory, suggesting that there was little if any universal agreement among them about what, if anything, the date might mean.[6]'

It's all a misunderstanding, combined with a dash of pseudoscience and bad astronomy.

Seriously people, don't worry about this. It has as much merit as those people who believe the earth is run by space lizards.

LOL thats an even better debate. I know someone who is convinced he had his fangs and scales removed...

I know its silly to be but I'm so so scared about it. Mike thinks I'm a muppet for worrying but I can't help it!
So many bad things have been happening recently, what if its the start :cry:

And normally I think so rationally! :haha:

Even my 14 year old sister takes the piss out of me for worrying

xxx

I know what you mean hun... scary thoughts!

i dont usually readtoo much into this type of stuff but the whole 2012 thing fascinates me :)

I found lots of evidence to suggest that something will happen,but what that something is i really dont know :shrug: could be anything really,something teeny:shrug: But then i found loads of stuff conflicting so then i think...what a load of bs!

I dont think anyone knows whats supposed to happen if anything. There are loads of different things suppose to happen that day though....

Mayans calender ending = end of the world?
Pole shift
Planet X or 'Nibiru' supposedly crashing into earth or knocking it off its axis
Nostradamus=asteroid=end of the world

:shrug:

I think we will be here on dec 22nd though :thumbup:

oh forgot to add, i read somewhere that there could be a 'zombie apocylpse' :rofl:

The Mayan stuff is very interesting. Dont believe the History channel though- Or Wiki for that matter.

It has been studied for many years. Its not a new phase ;)

my dad is convinced by this stuff, hes been telling me and my twin about this for over 3 years. theres more evidence than the calender, Im not going to go into it now, more because my dad isnt here to tell me :haha: having said all this, whos to say it will be the end? we may just have some shit weather for a few days (this is what my dad thinks will happen)
However, he reads alot about conspiracy and my problem is, everything he says starts to draw me in and believe!

IMO, i havent given it much thought, it does make me feel slightly sick when i do think about it. Not death, but loosing my child/children.

I dont think anything will happen and i dont actually give it that mucht thought, because if it does happen, theres not a hell of alot we can do about it.

i think people forget that more then just the mayans made 2012 predictions .. thats all i ever hear "the mayans killed them selfs by poisoning their water supply. they didn't know the world would end in 2012" etc etc .. but what about all the other predictions for 2012 ?! i do find it suspicious that there would be so many(that just all happen to come to the same rough date lol) .. not to say i'm a believer i'm just not ignorant.

i think people forget that more then just the mayans made 2012 predictions .. thats all i ever hear "the mayans killed them selfs by poisoning their water supply. they didn't know the world would end in 2012" etc etc .. but what about all the other predictions for 2012 ?! i do find it suspicious that there would be so many(that just all happen to come to the same rough date lol) .. not to say i'm a believer i'm just not ignorant.

:thumbup: The Mayans didn't even kill themselves all off. They were taken over. The history channels documentary's are shit lol

:thumbup:The Mayans didn't even kill themselves all off. They were taken over. The history channels documentary's are shit lol

I read it in a book, not off a tv programme :thumbup:

Maybe that's what I get for being a believer in science. I won't believe something until I see it. And I would be confident enough to say I am 99.99% sure that we will all be here in 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->