2014 Brides-to-Be Buddies!

LillyTame

Mom of 2 boys
Reaction score
Aloha, ladies.

I'm on BnB because I was TTC over the last year and so I've made many TTC friends, but we've decided to take a break (NTNP) to focus on weightloss and our wedding. So I figured I'd look for some BTB (brides to be) Buddies to talk about wedding planning and such!

2014 Brides

February
lozzy21 1st

April
Kizzy454 26th

June
chysantheMUM
30mummyof1 21st

July
kmbabycrazy 5th
missk1989 5th
Abblebubba 25th

August
LittleLady04 30th

December
LillyTame 13th
FirstBean 27th

Hi there! I would love a wedding buddy! I find it really hard to avoid the topic when talking to my friends but dont want to sound self obsessed all the time even though i think about it 24/7!

Me too! lol I want to talk about it all the time and get peoples opinions but I'm sure people will get tired of me bringing it up at every convo:blush:

When is your wedding date?

Me too. I feel like people will either be bored or feel like I'm rubbing it in (depending on the friend). And as I'm the first of my friends to get married they don't understand when I'm stressing

My wedding in 5th July 2014...6 months on Sunday eeeeek

Oooh 6 months! Very close! That's about the time I'll start looking for a dress. Have you gotten yours yet?

Hi, mind if I join you :)

We're getting married in June, so just 5 months away, suddenly seems very close. I'm in the same boat though, don't like to bore people to death with constantly talking about it but its all I'm thinking about, so very difficult.

kmbabycrazy - I also feel like I'm rubbing it in with a couple of my friends, as I daren't even bring it up with them anymore because one got a bit shirty because she said I was turning into a 'smug married' and the other ended up bursting into tears because she said that it was just another thing that made her feel as though she had nothing going for her. Which although I felt bad, I was also a little bit annoyed that they just couldn't be happy for me.

Also, weight loss is on the agenda for me too, I've ordered my dress but a couple of inches too small because I will fit into it dammit! :)

Welcome, chysantheMUM! :flower: And congratulations!

Anyone planning a big wedding? I was hoping for a small one but it seems to be expanding lol.

We will have approx 50 guests for the ceremony and meal, then will invite upto another 50 in the evening, so I think mine is neither big or small ;) How many are you inviting Lillytame or are you still in discussions about it? Have you arranged a venue yet?

Hiya, popping by to say hello. I get married in a month!

Me too. I feel like people will either be bored or feel like I'm rubbing it in (depending on the friend). And as I'm the first of my friends to get married they don't understand when I'm stressing

Im getting married in 5th July too! :happydance:

Welcome, chysantheMUM! :flower: And congratulations!

Anyone planning a big wedding? I was hoping for a small one but it seems to be expanding lol.

I think we are having 60ish during the day including about 5 kids. Only inviting about 20 more to the evening so i worry it will be a bit quiet.
We have asked a friend to do the disco as he is a dj and he agreed but now the only other person in common has told us (after i wrote his invite) that he will be attending a birthday party the day of our wedding and is unable to attend :nope: Now im worried our dj wont come as he wont know anyone there. :cry:

How are your plans coming along? Feel like I'm going to be so stressed the next coupe of months. SO much stuff to get sorted and I've got exams and assignments to do and (hopefully) will be starting some unpaid work experience work at a local independent publishers. Then when it's time to get everything finalised in the run up to it I'm going to have more exams and (hopefully) my driving test (which I will hopefully pass). I don't take things easy on myself. But then it will be followed up by a nice relaxing week in the lake district with my then hubby :happydance:

And then it'll start all over again with all the reading i'll have to do for my second year and house hunting lol x

We will have approx 50 guests for the ceremony and meal, then will invite upto another 50 in the evening, so I think mine is neither big or small ;) How many are you inviting Lillytame or are you still in discussions about it? Have you arranged a venue yet?

I think we've sent save the dates to about 37 people (including kids and plus ones). We will prepare with the possibility of 50 people at the reception though because a year is a long time! More people might get invited. But we totally wouldn't mind if it stays under 40 :thumbup:

Hiya, popping by to say hello. I get married in a month!

A month! I can't imagine what it's like to be down to a month. How long have you been planning?

I'm gonna make a list of wedding dates on the 1st post, so if you ladies don't mind, check it out and make sure I got your dates right! :thumbup:

We have been planning for about a year so have had plenty of time.

Hello, popping in to say hey :) am getting married in July this year . Have booked a venue and booked the registrar... That's it lol freaking out a bit oops.

How are your plans coming along? Feel like I'm going to be so stressed the next coupe of months. SO much stuff to get sorted and I've got exams and assignments to do and (hopefully) will be starting some unpaid work experience work at a local independent publishers. Then when it's time to get everything finalised in the run up to it I'm going to have more exams and (hopefully) my driving test (which I will hopefully pass). I don't take things easy on myself. But then it will be followed up by a nice relaxing week in the lake district with my then hubby :happydance:

And then it'll start all over again with all the reading i'll have to do for my second year and house hunting lol x

We have all the important things sorted like venue, photographer, dress, cars, makeup artist. Need to look at wedding rings as we have seen some online that you get each others finger prints engraved onto the inside of the ring but i want to check the width as they only do a set width. I too am doing a course, its a pgce so in uni monday and friday and on placement tues-thurs. Plus Oh has just booked to go to new york for his stag do and only gets back 5/6 days before the wedding :dohh:

I went over the guest list again last night and we are up to 58! But I really don't think we'll get more than 50. And I forgot to answer about the venue...we rented a beach house and cottage on the black sands beach where we had our first date :cloud9: So both the ceremony and reception will be there.

Hello, popping in to say hey :) am getting married in July this year . Have booked a venue and booked the registrar... That's it lol freaking out a bit oops.

Hi Pink_Pixie! :wave: What day in July?

I went over the guest list again last night and we are up to 58! But I really don't think we'll get more than 50. And I forgot to answer about the venue...we rented a beach house and cottage on the black sands beach where we had our first date :cloud9: So both the ceremony and reception will be there.

That sounds amazing and so romantic, just a little bit jealous ;)

Hey!
My name is Abbey
From Lincolnshire/Norfolk
I am an electric wheelchair using Bride!
I am planning my fairytale and marrying my prince on Friday 25th July 2014
So far I have;
# my wedding dress
# my venue viewed/preliminary booked awaiting deposit
# my wedding flowers
# a place to hire top hat and tails just need paying for

Things I'm hoping to do in next 2 months
# my DIY invites
# design of my DIY wedding cake
# making personalised bunting for top table

Looking forward to meeting a wedding buddy

Congratulations, Abblebubba:flower:

Looks like we are going to have lots of July weddings!:thumbup:

So your DIY cake...does that mean you are going to do the baking too?

I want to do the 2 tiers and then cupcakes type cake...anyone else doing cupcakes or something non-conventional?

Ladies, feel free to share before and after pics here! I would love to see some dresses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->