2014 Brides-to-Be Buddies!

Hi Ladies :wave:

I'm getting married on 30th August this year. We will have been together for 10 years the day before the wedding.

We are inviting 70-80 people to the service and meal. And an extra 40 people in the evening.

xxx

Welcome, LittleLady04! :wave: Congratulations!:flower:

You are having a big one! Where is your venue?

My Bday is Aug 31st! :winkwink:

Hi LillyTame :wave:

We're having the reception at a local hotel called The Royal Hotel. Yeah, I suppose our guest list is quite large, it was meant to be a small amount of guests to the service and meal but the list just kept getting bigger.

Hey!
My name is Abbey
From Lincolnshire/Norfolk
I am an electric wheelchair using Bride!
I am planning my fairytale and marrying my prince on Friday 25th July 2014
So far I have;
# my wedding dress
# my venue viewed/preliminary booked awaiting deposit
# my wedding flowers
# a place to hire top hat and tails just need paying for

Things I'm hoping to do in next 2 months
# my DIY invites
# design of my DIY wedding cake
# making personalised bunting for top table

Looking forward to meeting a wedding buddy

Hi there! we are doing our own cake aswell including baking it. This is what we are planning.

Attachments

• orange and white topsy turvy philadelphia wedding cake.jpg
    orange and white topsy turvy philadelphia wedding cake.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi can I join, we're getting married 27th December we will have been together 10years on 24th December.
I have my venue , my flowers sorted, my dress and bridesmaids dresses.

Hi LillyTame :wave:

We're having the reception at a local hotel called The Royal Hotel. Yeah, I suppose our guest list is quite large, it was meant to be a small amount of guests to the service and meal but the list just kept getting bigger.

Boy, do I know how it is with that ever growing list! :dohh:

Hi there! we are doing our own cake aswell including baking it. This is what we are planning.

Creative cake! Do you normally do a lot of baking? Will you try a couple times ahead of time? Do you have a back up plan? I ask this as someone that sucks at baking! :dohh: :haha:

Hi can I join, we're getting married 27th December we will have been together 10years on 24th December.
I have my venue , my flowers sorted, my dress and bridesmaids dresses.

Hi, FirstBean! :flower: Congratulations! Me and you are the only December brides so far! :thumbup: What are your colors? We are going with Silver and Royal Blue.

That gives me an idea...ladies, give me your colors and I'll try to incorporate it into your name on our list. Note which one is the main color. :thumbup:

ooo brill idea hun!

April 26th :)

main colour is red :) and we are having silver too :)

Hi, Kizzy454! :wave: Great colors! I've always liked red but not for myself! It's such a bold and beautiful color...I just can't pull it off! lol

Our colours are mint and gold. And littlelady04 we're getting married a few days after our anniversary. Thought it would make it easier for OH to remember lol x

Creative cake! Do you normally do a lot of baking? Will you try a couple times ahead of time? Do you have a back up plan? I ask this as someone that sucks at baking! :dohh: :haha:

Im rubbish at baking but H2B is an amazing baker. I took a cake decorating course in september and we have done a few cakes, him baking, me decorating and appear to be a good team. We will definitely be having a few practice runs with this one before the big day!
p.s Our colour is orange!

:hi: I'm getting married on 21st June and can't wait either!

Congratulations, Abblebubba:flower:

Looks like we are going to have lots of July weddings!:thumbup:

So your DIY cake...does that mean you are going to do the baking too?

I want to do the 2 tiers and then cupcakes type cake...anyone else doing cupcakes or something non-conventional?

Ladies, feel free to share before and after pics here! I would love to see some dresses!

Hey! I feel a fraud now Lol
I'm planning on getting the basic white iced cakes from marks and Spencer and then I'm going to be decorating them as a cake is a cake at the end of the day and once it's got the cake topper on and decorations I'm getting from ebay it will look like any other cake decorated that you'd be charged hundreds for hehe

My main colours are baby pink and silver :)

Our colours are mint and gold. And littlelady04 we're getting married a few days after our anniversary. Thought it would make it easier for OH to remember lol x

Very pretty, I don't think I've seen those colors together. No mint in the options so I went with a "pale green":thumbup:

Im rubbish at baking but H2B is an amazing baker. I took a cake decorating course in september and we have done a few cakes, him baking, me decorating and appear to be a good team. We will definitely be having a few practice runs with this one before the big day!

Awesome! A cake decorating course sounds like fun. I just don't know if I have the patience! I think if I made one mistake I'd beat myself up lol

:hi: I'm getting married on 21st June and can't wait either!

Hi, 30mummyof1! :wave: Congratulations! What are your colors?

Hey! I feel a fraud now Lol
I'm planning on getting the basic white iced cakes from marks and Spencer and then I'm going to be decorating them as a cake is a cake at the end of the day and once it's got the cake topper on and decorations I'm getting from ebay it will look like any other cake decorated that you'd be charged hundreds for hehe

My main colours are baby pink and silver :)

Haha, I don't think it matters HOW you do it, as long as you make it your own! :thumbup:

I wanted to do a custom cake topper but OH thinks its tacky :roll: He also thinks cupcakes are tacky but I really wanted that so I pushed harder for that lol

chysantheMUM, I don't have a date for you, just June. Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

28 days today! My colours are purple and gold

My colours are purple and gold

ahh similar to mine, purple and cream.

Loving all the colors, ladies!:thumbup:

So who's doing a white dress? Who is doing other or accents on dress?

I'm doing a white dress with royal blue bouquet and fascinator on my veil. Well, this is what I'm planning as of right now. Seeing as how I'm not picking a dress for another 4-5 months, I could fall in love with something in color.

My dress is white but has a gold band around the waist the pic is in my wedding jounal and the link is in my sig if anyone wants to look it's one of the most recent posts x

My colour is Tiffany blue and having ivory aswell

My dress is ivory but has a gold band around the waist the pic is in my wedding jounal and the link is in my sig if anyone wants to look it's one of the most recent posts x

My dress is ivory with sparkles, although probably looks more white than i would have pictured ivory to be, if that makes sense!
I need to get a veil and tiara/headband sorted next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->