2014 January Rainbows

Butterfly there is a bit of a bump there :)

Markswife looking good :)

Butterfly you must have strong abdominal muscles! You will pop soon! I have seen ladies with no bump at 20 weeks in the bump section of second trimester and by 26 they are huge!

Love your pic markswife!

I'm in France still so havnt been keeping up with the thread, last day tomoro and I'm coming back on Sunday. Monday I have my anatomy scan so I'm excited to come home from holiday lol bet that won't last long! Not much to report apart from I have been feeling my little man move so much more in the last couple of days :cloud9:

Hope you all are well <3

Thanks Ladies. :hugs:

Markswife love your picture. :thumbup:

Has anyone had any food cravings, all I want to eat is sandwiches, which of course are off limits but the doctor said one here and there will be okay but that's all I wan to eat.

Why are sandwiches off limits? :wacko: I eat loads of sandwiches!

They aren't strictly off limits but caution should be used with deli meat. I think it is out of concern about listeria, so the rule is the cold cuts should be zapped in the microwave to kill off any germs.

Ohh Ok so sandwiches with deli meats! I take care with meat in sandwiches but I have had quite a few ham sandwiches, ham straight from the packet...I also eat cheese and tomato sandwiches yummy! I thought I wasn't allowed my sandwiches for a minute!

I've been eating sandwiches too can't help it I get into ll I want is that one thing for weeks at a time

I have a question are you guys going on birth control after birth? If so what? My hubby and I want to try for a second after two or three years but I keep getting that birth control is bad from various people my hubby doesn't want me to get on anything just condoms and pull out method (sorry tmi) I know not the safest to prevent but it took so long to even get this far so really thinking about this

I am glad I am not alone OH looks at me every time I get a sandwich and he's like I guess that's your craving :haha:

Since my hubby is out of work he makes me dinner since m working we live in an apt where I work so made to order LOL but when I ask for the same thing he just says again :haha:

Lucy I think we are going to do the IUD so you don't have to worry about pills, shots, patches or anything else. I would like to have another one about a year later but you never know at least with the IUD you can take it out quickly and start trying right away

I've thought about an IUD after too. After my son we used condoms but I have a few friends that have IUDs and seem to like them.

I was thinking of the one you put in your arm don't know the name of it. I really got to think about this

Everyone has negative and positive experiences with different contraceptives cus they suit people differently. But my friend has that one in the arm and the reason I wouldn't have it is they told her sometimes it can get lost inside and they find it hard to take it out. It lasts for 3 years so I would just worry the whole time it might get lost and I wouldn't be ablebto try for 3 years, but that's just crazy me!

I don't really want to go back on birth control. It's birth control that messed me up for so long and made it so hard to conceive. The only onei would go back on is the pill I found that suited me but one evil doctor wouldn't give it to me cus I weigh more than 11 stone and put me on the evil cerazette that messed up my cycles for years! So unless I could get the pill I like I would just use condoms and try and track my cycle and be careful. We want to try for another one when this one is about 12 months.

Hi everyone how are you all doing?
I've been visiting family for a few days- really nice to see them and get some fuss!! Spent time with my 1 year old nephew too- sooooooo cute. Can't believe I'm having one!!!
My bump is growing and I seem to be having a really tired dip again- I'm totally exhausted- wondering if I'm a bit anaemic?? Anyone else? :coffee:
Back to the contraception question- we will be using condoms. I can't take the pill due to my blood clots and I want to have another baby pretty quick- we plan to try after a year/18 months. Maybe we can all be bump buddies for a second time!!
Hope everyone is well xxxx

Rachel glad you had some family time before you know it you'll be running after your baby :)
I too feel more tired but I think it's due to not sleeping much at night I guess I'm preparing for when he arrives I might ask my dr about Tylenol pm my boss was able to take it with her daughter so might not hurt to ask
After looking into the whole birth control options my hubby and I decided to do condoms and pull out method I don't really want to take pills bc I've heard bad things about them and the one time I did take them I bled at any time the arm one freaked me out bc if it gets lost then you have to go and get surgery to get it out (read this from the info in a magazine) so no thanks if we get a second sooner then planned we'll be thrilled

Hi ladies I'm back from holiday and had my anomaly scan today. Everything is normal and baby looks perfect. He was sucking his thumb it was soooooo cute! But unfortunately I had a really horrible doctor do the scan. She was so do so so miserable and the first thing she said was what's her bmi to the trainee and then looked in my notes and got all huffy cus it's high and said hold your stomach up its too big and kept snapping hold it up hold it up ad have to push harder for this lady and things like that. It was like she hated me and I was such an inconvenience cus I'm fat. I know I have a bmi over 30 and there can be more risks involved but no one has treated me like this before! She kept making comments that were really rude, she said to the trainee oh we have to do this test now because of the high bmi, I think it was listening to the blood flow into my placenta but she was so huffy about having to do it. Then at the end she said I need a scan at 28 weeks and 34 weeks cus u have a high bmi. No one had ever said this to me before, the midwife I saw said yes I have a raised bmi but I don't need any special care. So I asked why I needed extra scans cus she didn't explain anything! And this is what she said

"Because you are big we need to check that your not taking all the food and giving none to your baby"

I was speechless! Have you ever heard of anything so ludicrous?? Cus I'm do fat and greedy I'm going to take all the good from my baby?! Now I'm under no illusions that my bmi could cause complications, things like GD or pre eclampsia but stealing all the food from the baby? This must be a joke! Correct me if I'm wrong but I was so shocked with how she treated me and OH was about to knock her out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 3
I'll be going back on the pill after baby. I never had any complaints and it really helped me skin, looking forward to having that benefit back :)

Emmy - I'm sorry you got such an ass of a doctor, that is just terrible. I don't even know how people like that can become doctors. Ugh. I want to punch that doctor in the face for you.

Thanks Lyndzo I want to punch her too! Fancy making women feel guilty like that!

Emmy that's terrible! It amazes me how rude some people can be. She clearly has her own issues that she needs to keep at home!! So glad baby looked perfect! And from the pics you've posted I think you look great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->