2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I applied for a job twice and cancelled even the job interview twice because I got so sad even thinking about leaving Jace.

I agree with Lindsay, err, MrsK about the specialness of the first couple years, and that work can wait but LOs can't. That is interesting that you could make it work with DH staying home. Big brother will also benefit from having a full-time parent at home, even though he's school-age. If finances aren't an issue, and if not coming back early won't hurt your overall career, I think you have to go with your gut.

DH and I make pretty well the same salary (within $50/year of each other), we don't *need* the 2nd income but we like our current lifestyle and have a comfortable savings put away each month for ourselves and both children. I will be going back to work regardless, it is just a question of moving up the timetable and having DH spend the last 5 or so months with the kids as primary carer instead of me; I tried being a SAHM when DS was a baby and it isn't good for my mental health.

I am torn. It is a great opportunity, and moves up my career goals by a couple of years. It means more money and an even more flexible schedule. But we went through so much to have DD I don't really want to miss out. I've been telling myself I won't miss too much since I can WFH most days and DH should get the chance to be there for this time too. If I don't take it, DH doesn't get any leave (as I will use it all), if I do take it, I can still be here for most days (DH cannot WFH).

I get that this is time we can't get back, that is why I'm hesitating. :/

ETA: I made it sound like all positives, but the role would mean more responsibility and occasionally longer hours.

ETA (again): Also, I have a slight resentment that with DS I put my career on hold and we never considered that DH stay home. This time because of this opportunity DH has suggested that he finish the leave since it is beneficial to the whole family. Blah! I don't know

Working from home sounds like a good middle ground. It's one thing to stay home if you find it fulfilling, but if you need outside simulation (which is totally understandable), and you'd still be around for firsts, and it gives your husband a chance to be home with them, maybe it's a good plan.

Sounds difficult lilfoosh. I'm sure it's been discussed before, are you in Canada? Have you made a decision? I'm not looking forward to going back to work.
As for us, things are going fine. We had a doctors appointment last week. At 6 months she was 15 lbs 13 oz. I think 27". Naps are still difficult, and I a trying to transition her from napping in her swing, since she is getting so tall. We've started solids, and it can be hard working them in between bottles, play time and attempting naps.

I didn't realise talk was still going on here- it's great to see! Pleased to hear everyone is doing so well.

As for us, G is sitting unassisted. He's very strong and mobile. He crawls and has just started pulling himself up to stand. Babies are just so amazing to watch- they learn so quickly! He got his first 2 teeth at 4.5 months and I'm sure the top two are soon to flow. He's a long boy and weighing around 17lbs

I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by!! Even though he's 6 months I couldn't imagine being away from him any longer than 2 hours max- especially as he still loves to bf, though he enjoys solids, which we started a bit early because he could sit and was so interested in food. If you think a promotion will happen later on and you're happy where things are now I don't see a reason to change it and it really doesn't sound like you want to give it up, even though you've stated the positives. I guess it depends how much your dh wants to have the time instead of working. Since you can wfh it would be better for you both, but you will still be busy working most of the day.

I can't believe our babies are nearly 1 😭😭😭 how did that happen?!

I can't believe our babies are nearly 1 😭😭😭 how did that happen?!

I know!!!! Time sure flies!

I was going to ask who else is pregnant again & I see you are- CONGRATS! We are currently trying for #3! :happydance:

Congrats, Hanni! There are several pregnant ladies in the Facebook group, too. We may start trying the end of this year. I wouldn't mind trying earlier, but this will work out better for us financially.

What are the babies up to? Teddy is close to walking, saying dada, and he's a champion eater. Finally starting to nurse a little less constantly now that he's up to three big meals a day, which is nice. I don't plan to wean him any time soon, but I'm looking forward to nursing being more comfort than nutrition.

We went through an awful sleep regression from around 6 to 9 months, and I'm still working on getting Teddy out of my bed and into his. I don't regret bed sharing when he was waking a million times, but I should have been stricter with myself on getting him back into his own space after he started sleeping again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->