2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

We have 3 stairs down from our bedroom to the rest of the house, though, with no bannister. Not something I want to deal with while half asleep trying to get to a distressed baby quickly.

I think we'll be leaving James in with us for a while. Especially since his room is right next to DD's and not very close to ours. I guess that means we'll wait until he sleeps through the night reliably, but we might have to get a baby monitor anyway.

Congrats, Foosh, on the potty training progress!

We decided to move her because we felt that everyone would sleep better. We have a monitor, the bedroom is not far from ours and although it is next to DS's room, it isn't too loud and DS can sleep through it anyway. It's one of those personal decisions, but if you don't feel comfortable with it I'd say it's not time yet. I can see your DH's perspective, but I don't think it is easier...no matter when you move them it is nerve wracking!

Hi everyone,

So lovely to see every one busy on here. I can relate to lots of the comments and it's lovely. Our boy is feeding a lot and doing great with his weight gain. He's long so out grew his babygrows quickly but his body is slimmer so we use a mixture of sizes.

At the moment day naps seem to be very brief. Before they were 2/3 hours most of the time. At night we get a 4 hour stretch and then 3 hours but it doesn't take long to settle him down again. I tend to pick him up when he's fussing in his sleep so he doesn't end up crying. Grunting/fussing is generally a sign of gas or hunger! I'm glad someone explained the gas thing in relation to digestive system development around 6 weeks- over the last few days we've definitely heard a lot more gas and noticed a lot more tummy pains and crying in relation to this.

Hi Ladies

I'm keeping my little princess in room also at least until the SIDS risk passes, although the most convenient thing at the moment is to have her in the same room anyways.
And at nearly 8 weeks, she perfectly fits her 0-3 mo clothes

Glad to read that everyone's babies have been doing so well!

Hi ladies just wanted to ask a quick question. I've noticed over the last few days some brown discharge that reminds me of my mucus plug. Is this normal at 7 weeks after birth? I'm fully breast feeding .

I noticed that my lochia kinda held on as a really light brown discharge until my 8 week appointment to get my IUD put in. Then I bled a bit for a day or so. Now I have some somewhat stretchy cervical mucous. I don't know if any of that is "normal", but that's where I'm at.

I noticed that my lochia kinda held on as a really light brown discharge until my 8 week appointment to get my IUD put in. Then I bled a bit for a day or so. Now I have some somewhat stretchy cervical mucous. I don't know if any of that is "normal", but that's where I'm at.

Thanks frenchie. I guess everyone is different. My lochia turned that yellowy brown two weeks ago and I thought it was coming to an end. The brown mucous has been stretchy too, like fertile mucous. I would just like it to go back to a normal colour now.

I don't plan on moving my little one for a long while since we are co-sleeping. I figure she will let me know when she is ready, I'm guessing at age 2-3. Most of the moms in my local meetup group are the same as me. My DH calls us the hippy squad, lol. I've heard they have less bouts of night terrors and issues with bed wetting when they started potty training. Fingers crossed that it works out for us. DH is okay with it, thankfully. Right now LO and I are sleeping together on the main floor since she wakes up so often in the night. DH has been in the main bedroom since he went back to work, he needs his beauty sleep, lol.
I haven't had a full on menses yet and I'm wondering if it will start up soon. All I've had recently is a few days of brown discharge. I'm EBF but I figuree it could come back anytime, it's all a matter of hormones.
So, odd question but I will ask. Do any of you have the keratin bumps on your upper arms? I had it severely before pregnancy and it almost went away completely until the last week before LO was born. It slowly came back and now it's worse than ever. If you've had or have it, what do you do to help keep it from flaring up? I'm trying Eucerin right now to keep a barrier on it but it's so unsightly.. =( The next thing I'm planning is to change my diet back to what it was before pregnancy-gluten, dairy free, sugar free.

By keratin bumps, do you mean the alligator skin? I've dealt with that since adolescence, but now that you mention it, they did go away a bit during pregnancy and are now coming back. I've never tried anything to stop them, but then again they kinda blend in with my million freckles.

Frenchie: yes its that, exactly. I wonder what hormone during pregnancy made it go away. I wish I was covered in freckles. I only have freckles across the bridge of my nose and on my shoulders. My DH is covered in them. I wonder if little one will get freckles.

I had made my own belly butter when pregnant and used it as a whole body lotion during the winter and it made my bumps go away, still use it randomly and I have not noticed any increase in them! It was a mix of cocoa butter, vitamin e cream and coconut oil. It's a little great feeling but I'll use this stuff forever now.

I think DD just had her first freckle pop up, and she just turned 3. She has rather fair skin like me, so we'll see if any more pop up this summer. Bring on the SPF!

even tho im not on b&b much i'll throw my 2 cents in on the arm bumps:

my dh gets them and when he keeps up with scrubbing his arms in shower, it seeems to help tho they dont completely go away

Hey everyone!!
Trying to wade through all the chat! Sounds like everyone is doing well. Apologies for my lack of contribution of late...back to work, breast feeding, pumping, a four year old etc etc. there just aren't enough hours in the day for me!
It's hard to believe R was born 13 weeks today. Just crazy. He is thriving so much, going to be a whopper of a guy. Now in the 9 month sleepers. Yes really! My family are all really big tall people so it's not too surprising.
I've found it hard getting my head back into work from 8 weeks. Mainly I've had to work extra hard to keep my milk supply up. Whether that's from less fluids, less time with R, more tired or a combination of everything probably. Plus feeding a nearly 20lb boy is quite some feat. But we're getting there. It's a good weight loss regime that's for sure.
I'm going to try and finish reading through all the posts now but just wanted to say hi and hope you're all well!!

I don't know how you do it drmum! Infact, how mums either work with a newborn, look after other children (especially very young ones) or do both! Is beyond me. I can just about manage this one and some basic housework. I definitely admire those who are managing so many different things. I hope I'll be able to do the same in the future.

Wow nearly 20lb by 13 weeks! He's def going to be a big guy! My little one is not quite 13lb at 11 weeks, and she's between 0-3 & 3-6 month clothes now. Despite your work, you must be doing something right since he's thriving!

poor teddy, liam has been teething for about 2week now, he sarted at 3month lol. i hope teddy manages ok with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->