2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Thanks, I do too. I expected late teething, my family teethes late. Stupid DH genes. How's Liam handling it?

Not very well he chews his hand alot as he refuses to use a teething dummy the only thing he will use is a normal soothing one. He was screaming in pain other day :-( I just hope this isn't going to take months like they can do.

Charlie is teething too! Lots of drooling and finger chewing. She won't take a soother at all anymore, not for weeks now. :( She prefers my nipple and when I take it away she is not happy.

MrsK, are you still cloth diapering? How often do you change Teddy? I mean how often do you find he needs a change.

I'm mostly cloth diapering. He's still in disposables overnight, cloth was just too much bulk. We use prefolds and covers and I try to change every two hours, though I stretch it to 3 sometimes if he's asleep. Any longer and I end up damp. Poop gets changed right away. It's definitely more frequent than disposables, but it's more convenient in other ways.

Thanks! I'm finding that it's about every 2 hours as well, I wasn't sure if I was just panicking about leakage and changing overly frequently. We use disposables at night too and when we are out.

Well, no teeth yet, but he did roll over! How's everyone else holding up?

Well, no teeth yet, but he did roll over! How's everyone else holding up?

Yay!! Well done Teddy :)
We've had lots of tummy rolling too which at night is becoming a bit of a pain :/ aha.

Two teeth are visible in his gums and he's doing a lot of drooling and hand chewing. I'm sure there will be a tooth through soon enough.

Hope that everyone is doing well xx

This is going to sound like a big advertisement, but I want to mention it because you ladies are all at about the same stage. We ditched the swaddle and tried sleep sacks when Teddy started rolling, and he went from sleeping through the night to being super restless and waking up after about 5 hours. It was awful because even when he was asleep he wasn't sleeping well and we were both awake a lot. There were a bunch of ladies in a Facebook group raving about Zipadee-zips, so I ordered one thinking maybe it would help a little. He slept 9 hours the first night, til DH woke us up (grrrr), and then 11 hours last night. Like, real, honest to god, zonked out, good sleep, the kind that has me waking up every two hours to check that he's still breathing. It's amazing. I want to marry the couple that invented these things. He's sleeping even better than he was while swaddled. If anyone is in the same boat, I really really recommend it. I've heard Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit is great, too.

Hope all the babies are good! We're still rolling back to front, but no signs of front to back yet. And he never rolls when we're watching. We really want to get to the movies before Jurassic World leaves theaters, and to do something for our anniversary next month, so I'm getting up my nerve to leave Teddy with my brother and SIL. I've only been truly away from him for about half an hour while I got a hair cut. I can probably handle it, but I don't know how he'll do - he takes bottles, but not very well. We're going on a little family trip in late August too, just a couple hours away. He's usually a really good baby, so I hope he does ok traveling.

It's been awhile since I checked BnB, how's everyone doing? I think most of the active girls moved over to FB now. How's all the non FB people doing? baby milestones, etc. Our little girl is getting super long again, It looks like she gets chubby for a week or two then grows. Hope I can keep up with clothes or she's going to be running around the house naked. Other than growth spurts she's standing mostly on her own and learning to move forward with stepping. She is still too small for our walker but I'm really looking forward to getting her into it. One more activty she can enjoy for 10-15 minutes. =)

Today is the first day checking bnb since I've had Hayden. lol. Hope everyone is doing well! :)

I some how missed the last couple of posts, but I'm still here!

We still don't have any teeth, but C has gotten a bit of a temperature a couple of times so I think there is one coming soon. Our 6 month appointment is on the 1st, it is going so quickly. 😢 DS just had his 5th birthday too, he is such a big boy now!

Everything is fantastic with the home stuff but work seems to be going to shit without me. Grrr 4 people on my team quit since I went on leave...there were only 6 to begin with! And the girl that replaced me is shit, so it seems I'm going to end up cleaning up a huge mess. Blah

We are doing well here. 5 months already! Naps are a bit of a challenge, but she is a good girl, just likes attention and to be entertained. She loves to roll over and watch the animals. We get a lot of smiles in the day. No solids yet, but they are happening soon enough.

Hi ladies!

I'm still lurking too. :)
Ds was 24wks on Tues so we've had a go at some banana porridge and munched on a banana - I don't think he's sold on banana although he'll happily try whatever I put in his mouth so that's good! We have teeth! He had two teeth by the time he was 4 mo, still just got two but like razors, lol. No rolling here, but sitting is going well. He is in 9-12 month clothes though and a bit of a whopper so it's hard to roll all that chubby over - much easier to sit like a pudding! :D

I'm still here. We had a doctors appointment the other day and Teddy is 21lbs! Monster baby! We're just getting ready for a beach weekend, I'm looking forward to seeing if he's a water baby.

We have our 6 month appointment on Sept 1st, I am interested in seeing how much my chubby chicken weighs!

Have fun at the beach MrsK! I just spent a couple of days at the cottage with the kids... lucky DH couldn't come because of work so he got 2 days on his own.

Wow it feels like forever since I have been on BnB. It is nice to see our little group on here is still going. I will admit I am more a FB girl.

Dana is doing well. at her 6 month check up she was 7.1kg, 61cm long and 43.5HC so basically she is average weight, Shorty like mumma and has a giant melon lol. She is now on 3 solid meals a day plus 4 bottles. Sleeps from 8 - 6/7 and is still a gummy bear :p and she is super mobile!!

Hi! I forgot to come back and update... C is 17 lbs, 25 inches.

She sits unassisted, she stands holding onto the furniture and she can go backwards. She can't go forwards, she is quiet (doesn't really babble or laugh very often) and mostly just likes being a bump on a log :haha: No teeth, she gums some solids (like pickles- great for teething btw, apple wedges, canteloupe etc) but only has 'food' every few days, she is still a booby monster. She tries to find my nipple now, if she wants it and can't see it, clever girl but not so great for Mama :haha:

Her fav person is her big brother, he always makes her laugh and generally is great with her.

I am at home (I have off until end of March 2016) but it has gotten so bad at work that I am being considered for a promotion, which, if I accept, means I would be going back early. They've not made an offer (yet) as they did hire externally but I've been told it isn't a very good fit and asked if I would at least consider an offer if they made one. The only reason I will consider it is because I can work from home mostly and DH can finish off parental leave, so C would still have a parent home with her for the full year. We have to wait to see what happens but I'm sooooo on the fence about the whole thing. I think it would be lovely for DH to have that time with the kids but I don't really want to give it up. I really like my job and team, I'm also sure I would have another opportunity at this type of promotion (so it's not a once-in-a-lifetime thing), just maybe not with this team.

What would you do?

How soon would you have to go back? Would it be immediately if you accepted?

As for us, Rebecca is doing well, she's taken to blw like a pro and we're still BF too. She's a tiny little thing - she was weighed at the hospital last week and was 6.1kg so about 13.4 lbs. She is very strong though, she sits unassisted, stands well holding on and loves to walk holding onto my hands. She will not tolerate tummy time at all so I doubt that she will crawl.

Tough decision! I wouldn't do it unless I needed the money or it would make a big difference in my career goals. I don't think ill of moms who prefer working to being a stay at home mom (it's not for everyone), but my personal thinking is that they're only this young once, and I don't want to miss out on that time and all his firsts. If you're not feeling fulfilled as a SAHM it's worth considering, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->