Congratulations on your baby girl.

With re to the bf, have you thought about nipple shields? They really helped me last time, i have one flat and one inverted nipple. If not though, dont beat yourself up about it, you need to be happy to look after lo and you need to do whats best for you both.

Congratulations on your little girl! All the best for the future.

-AussieBub

With re to the bf, have you thought about nipple shields? They really helped me last time, i have one flat and one inverted nipple. If not though, dont beat yourself up about it, you need to be happy to look after lo and you need to do whats best for you both.

We did try those as well. Just didn't work.

On the upside, I managed to express 30mls twice today, so my supply is definitely coming in, so she'll be able to be combined fed.

We did try those as well. Just didn't work.

On the upside, I managed to express 30mls twice today, so my supply is definitely coming in, so she'll be able to be combined fed.

Ah well. At least you know you've tried everything. Im sure your little girl will be perfectly happy as long as you are.

wow congrats xx
just keep expressing if it works for you then great . Maybe try bf groups as you feel more confident and see what happens but dont stress xx

Congratulations! :happydance: Looking forward to seeing you over in baby club.

Congrats! Sounds like your baby had no blood sugar issues related to the GD? That's great! I'm praying mine goes as well as yours! AND I'm praying I don't have diabetes when it's over. I have a whole bowl of Halloween candy just waiting to be eaten. ;)

Hope you do not mind me jumping trimester. Congratulations. My baby had the same issue and would not latch for 24 hours and even after that it was very difficult to establish breastfeeding. It took a week for breastfeeding to be established and I had to go back to the hospital as a result because he was not feeding well. I was hand expressing the first day or two which was horrible as very painful. Here is a link to some of the reasons babies do not latch:
https://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&id=54:when-baby-does-not-yet-latch&Itemid=17

What a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations and thank you for sharing a 'realistic' birth story - sounds like u did amazingly well with the SPd too :) enjoy being a wonderful mummy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->