20wk old getting frustrated

threebirds

Reaction score
Hi
My baby boy is 20 wks old and can get v frustrated at the boob. I had hoped that by this stage bfeeding would be easy but it does still seem to be a bit of a struggle. My baby was 6 wks premature so we havent started introducing any foods just yet. He does get a btl of expressed milk every so often and I think he finds the predictable flow of the btl so much easier. I think he is frustrated at the start of a feed if the flow is so fast he nearly chokes and then frustrated a few mins later when it slows down and isnt fast enough! I am worried about my supply and am feeding more from the right side as the left is a bit rubbish. Feeds tend to be short. During the day he is feeding about every 3 hrs, and every 4 at night. He's putting on weight well though still small from being premature. Lots of wet nappies but after regular poos for the first 3 mnths or so he is now only pooing every 6-10 days.

Would love to hear anyones thoughts! Thanks x

Honestly a healthy woman who has successfully breastfed for 20 weeks will not lose her supply if she continues to nurse on demand. And most babies are capable of accommodating both feeding methods, but maybe cut out the bottles for a while. What are his symptoms of frustration? And have you looked into laid back nursing positioning to help with the initial fast flow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->