20wk scan...and no2..is a boy.

RUBY2122

Reaction score
I dont think I am dissappointed...or maybe I am cos other wise I wouldnt be on this page right? I have a beautiful little boy already, I wouldnt change him for anything. I totally convinced myself this one I also wanted a boy...It will be great for ds1 and so much more practical etc...but the truth is...I think I just knew I was gaving another boy and didn't want to feel the gd again :(

I am not having any more kids so when the sonographer said boy...my heart broke a bit that I will never have a daughter :(

Im not devastated. I am excited to meet my new son and see how different he is from ds1 but cant help feeling..if she gad said girl at the scan I would have been ecstatic.

I just wanted to say I'm really sorry you didn't get your girl. I am also having my second boy and it is hard letting go of the daughter dreams.

I just wanted to say I'm really sorry you didn't get your girl. I am also having my second boy and it is hard letting go of the daughter dreams.

Thanks. Is this your last one too?

I don't know. I imagined having 3 or 4 and hubby is not against it but I don't know how I'd feel having another boy and I wouldn't want to resent him. Silly isnt it.

Same here hun, thrilled to have 2 little boys, devastated to potentially never have a daughter as we don't really want more than2 children, grateful for what I have but grieving for what I won't have, such a confusing time. I found out 3 weeks ago now it is definitely sinking in and getting easier. At the moment though I can't shake the jealousy of seeing little girls, it's like my life is defined by it ATM, I'm worried it'll never go away.

I don't know. I imagined having 3 or 4 and hubby is not against it but I don't know how I'd feel having another boy and I wouldn't want to resent him. Silly isnt it.

Not silly.. Gender disappointment is very real and you cant help it... no amount of guilt about it will make it go away... you just feel guilty too!

Same here hun, thrilled to have 2 little boys, devastated to potentially never have a daughter as we don't really want more than2 children, grateful for what I have but grieving for what I won't have, such a confusing time. I found out 3 weeks ago now it is definitely sinking in and getting easier. At the moment though I can't shake the jealousy of seeing little girls, it's like my life is defined by it ATM, I'm worried it'll never go away.

Thanks for your reply. I know what you mean, I really don't want anymore kids... I am delighted with two babies but that is enough!

I am sure this will pass with time, try and steer clear of baby clothes shops for a while? I don't want to look at little dresses and get all sad... I really hope one of our siblings has a girl so I can buy her little dresses and spoil a niece instead!

Aww I'm sorry your feeling sad about not having a girl, i bet 2 boys will be amazing! I always said if I was only to have 2 kids and they had to be same sex I'd have chosen 2 boys over 2 girls I know that doesn't help at all though lol hope you get a niece to buy pretty dresses for :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->