22, married, student, christian, TTC#1

Lewa

Reaction score
Hi!
Last November I was WTT and completely skipped a period and thought I was pregnant. This got hubby and me thinking and we decided to NTNP instead of WTT as we had decided when we got married (about 1 year 9 months ago). I still have one year left at uni bfore I get myy bachelor, but we figured it might take a while, and we both want children so it just felt wrong to prevent it! Oh, husband is 26 years old btw.

Now 4-5 months later without any BFP's we've changed our minds again and are actively TTC with me temping, using OPK's and all that stuff :p

Right now I'm in my 1st cycle actively TTC. I'm technically a couple of days late for my period, but I had positive OPK's and lots of fertile CM only a few days ago, so seems like I ovulated really late! (First I thought I was pregnant!! Wason holiday and hadn't brought any HPT's so used OPK's and was soooo hopeful, but no positive HPT and OPK's have gone back to negative.) So I think I'm about 3-5DPO. :S

I have kind of irregular cycles, they've been between 27 and 35 days these past few months, but this month will probably be 40 something!

Also I'm a Christian, and would like to be able to talk about that part of everything as well with someone (no need to believe yourself, understanding goes a long way! Most of my close friends are not Christians of any kind.) Just thought I'd let you guys know!

Living in Hampshire, but originally from Norway!
Looking forwards to getting to know some of you on here! :)

Hello Lewa! I'm a 24 year old, married, Christian :) 8dpo in my 4th cycle ttc(the 1st 2 cycles we weren't really really trying). Haven't started using OPKs or temping yet but told my DH if we're not PG this month I'm definitely gonna start! :) I know we haven't been trying very long yet but it does get a little frustrating with one BFN after another every month! This past cycle I used Instead Softcups for the 1st time and I'm going to test on Sunday because it's mother's day and I would love to get my BFP then! :) Best wishes to you and God bless! :)

Hi there. I'm 26, also Christian and married. We're looking to start trying this month, which we're both really excited about. I've got to admit part of me is unsure as we've only been married 9 months and obviously didn't live together beforehand, I'm wondering if we're rushing things and being ruled by hormones!

Dinah93-I think every couple has to decide when they feel ready. I've only been married for 7 months and we've been ttc now for 4. We were dating for 4 years tho so maybe that's why we felt ready sooner than most(my friends think I'm crazy for wanting kids so soon). I want more than one and I don't wanna have them too close together and I also don't really wanna have them when I'm past 35 so we thought we might as well get on with it and now since it's taking so long we're REALLY glad we started already! Best wishes to you!

Nice to meet you b4real and dinah93 :)
How did it go with testing on Mothers day b4real? I'm guessing maybe bfn since you haven't said anything about it? :( As many say, you're not out until the withc gets you!

When it comes to ttc early, I honestly think a lot of people might be trying a bit late tbh, that doesn't mean others do it early :p But the norm is a lot later now than it's ever been I guess, with so many forms of contraception and careers and everything!

I want 3-4 children I think, so even though I'm only 22, if I get pregnant now and have 2 years between each I'll be 30 by the time the last one is born, so might as well start now!

Both me and hubby still have one year left of uni after this summer, so we haven't told anytone we're TTC, most people would say we're quite insane.. But we've throught about it, talked about it, prayed about it, and it just feels wrong to prevent it now. And who knows, I might not get pregnant for another 6 months, and then I'll be done with uni anyway!

My brother got his first baby 9 months after he got married :p I told him I thought it could be good for me and my husband to have some time to figure out routines and get used to living together and so forth, and he said that he thought the 9 months a woman is pregnant is all the time you need for that! :p

Yes I got a :bfn: on Mother's day :( And I tested yesterday morning again and just another :bfn:. I was really getting my hopes up cuz I've been having a lot of symptoms(was so nauseous I threw up the one evening) but I'm kinda wondering if I just caught a bit of a stomach flu. Oh well the :witch: is due tomorrow so I guess we'll just have to see! It's so frustrating to me how so many PG symptoms are like PMS symptoms! Told my DH yesterday that if I don't have AF by Saturday I'm going to buy another brand of tests and try them but I'm not really that hopeful anymore. Feeling a bit discouraged about ttc at the moment. My mom and sis got PG the 1st time they had sex w/o BC and I think I was just thinking that it would be that easy for me too. :( And I know there's women who've been trying a LOT longer so I don't really have any reason to complain-just seems like there's babies everywhere I look and every single one of my closest friends that are married have all just had babies. When I got married 7 months ago I had 3 PG bridesmaids! lol

Hello Lewa & others! We are also TTC#1

I am 24 and have been married for 2.5 years. I went off the pill 2 May 2009 & didn't receive my first period until November 2010!! I am getting ready to start Clomid this cycle...just looking for someone with a similar situation. GL to all of you!

Hello all of you ladies. I am 19, married for 10 months and am one of Jehovah's Witness (I'm thinking we share the same values i.e. no sex or living together before marriage). I understand when you say that all of a sudden there are pregnant women everywhere. I feel exactly the same way. My husband and I are considered to be trying early but I have always wanted to be a mummy and I also have PCOS so we needed to start trying early anyway. I think if you are emotionally ready, you and your partner are both happy and you make it a matter of prayer, then there's no age limit that matters. I wish that all of you get your BFP's soon and me too for that matter. My Christian love, Jess x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->