Yup, us! And I hate waiting :(

I'm halfway through my masters (1 more year left) and trying for a baby is so far away. It frustrates me so much. I've still to finish this degree, get a job, get engaged, get married, buy a house *yawn* it's going to a good few years yet! It annoys me because i'm 23 next month so OH always says "oh you're only 23, you've got plenty of time", ugh yes I have, but you're 30 next year buddy! Add a few years onto that and we'll both be ages that i've always said i'd want my first by. I'd like to have 2-3 children, and still be young enough after they've grown up to enjoy my life. I really don't want to be an older Mum (more so him to be an older Dad!). Sighs, at this rate he'll be 40 by the time our first is 6! My Dad had a 20 year old then (me obviously) and I loved him being so young!

We're waiting until about 2018 too altho its different for us cos we already have 1 child. Hes 18 months and when it came to me going back to work i didnt want to go back to what i was doing before so i decided to retrain and do an online coarse and also learn to drive to help with my future career but the coarse is going to take about 18 months and i want to be working about 18 to 2 years before getting pregnant so yeah another baby is a while away yet.

Im not worried about the age gap between my children i dont think it will mean they are closer cos they are close in age they can still be close with a bigger age gap.

I do worry about the fact that i will be a lot older next time i was 27 when lo was born but i will be 32/33 when i have baby number 2 and i worry it will take longer to get pregnant or be harder being pregnant or be harder taking care of a newborn again when im older! :)

It feels like I'm waiting to be waiting to try. :coffee:

I can relate to the whole waiting to be waiting thing. I hope you ladies don't mind me posting since I already have number 1 but I'm waiting for number 2 and I have no idea when that will happen. Ideally if we move and get the debts down a bit further before DD starts school then we could TTC in 2016 but we have no idea when we'll be in a position to move and every time we think we have a date something happens and it starts to look further away. I really don't want to have a big age gap but i also have to be sensible.

I'm sort of gate crashing because I won't be waiting until 2018. But we are waiting until 2016, which already feels like a long time. I seriously don't know how to balance waiting with feeling SO broody. If anyone knows the secret let me know!!

I can relate to the whole waiting to be waiting thing. I hope you ladies don't mind me posting since I already have number 1 but I'm waiting for number 2 and I have no idea when that will happen. Ideally if we move and get the debts down a bit further before DD starts school then we could TTC in 2016 but we have no idea when we'll be in a position to move and every time we think we have a date something happens and it starts to look further away. I really don't want to have a big age gap but i also have to be sensible.

Is the wtt easier for your second than your first?

I'm in the same boat. I've been stuck at the "finding the right guy to have a baby with" stage for about 5 years now. So far, I've had no luck whatsoever. *is depressing*

I've been "WTBWTT" (nice phrasing there, rsherwood! ;) ) for five whole years! I was so excited to finally "qualify" to post on these forums as an official WTTer this year.

I have had to let go of some of the ideas I had about the things that I "had to" have accomplished prior to WTT. For example, buying a home in the current market where I live is utterly unrealistic, even on a solid yearly income like mine. Babies need love above anything else, and even though my entire pre-baby checklist isn't perfectly complete, love is something I can definitely offer and I am ready in the ways that matter. Letting go of some of those expectations of ourselves, especially the ones that are nothing more than societal norms, was really what allowed OH and I to decide on a TTC date once and for all.

Don't worry girls, we'll all get there one day. :)

I'm in the same boat. I've been stuck at the "finding the right guy to have a baby with" stage for about 5 years now. So far, I've had no luck whatsoever. *is depressing*

Are you single as well?

I am so thrilled to find other ladies who are waiting till 2018! Married, job, killing the mortgage waiting for a large degree of financial stability. Long wait.

Are you single as well?
Feels like I've been single for ages. Fml *headdesk*

Same here. It would be nice to date someone but I don't want to look for someone if that makes sense. I have used dating sites in the past but didn't work out good. I did talk to a guy from plenty of fish about four years ago but realized I didn't like him that way. The last time I had a boyfriend was about ten years ago. :coffee:

Hey! Sorry this is a bit late, but I wanted to add my thoughts in too! I am also in the er... waiting... phase. I had an ex fiance and we we're actually WTT with an actual date (August 2012), but then things went sour and we are no longer together. I am now seeing a wonderful man for almost two years and I am once again waiting, only this time with no date set. Waiting... waiting...

It's kind of hard when I was SO CLOSE... then now I have no clue what the future will hold. I've also been recently diagnosed with endo and pcos and a number of other issues that may delay it ever more than it already is.
*sigh* :/

I am an accountant too! I am Chartered Account which is similiar to being a CPA.

The firm I work just got bought out by a much larger firm that is extremely maternity friendly!

My boyfriend and I had a discussion last night, and we pretty much agreed on WTT til about 2018! So I think I finally have an estimated time frame!

Yes I think there is such thing. We haven't even decided on a date yet. I keep putting it off because although I want another baby, the thought of having two kids scares me! So until I'm properly decided then I guess I'm waiting to WTT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->