22weeks - small baby. Should i worry?

Sonia1992

Reaction score
Hi,
It's me again. I have next problem ( only me, not my doctor) with my small babygirl. She has been always measured 3-4 days behind at crl. I had anomaly scan at 20weeks, everything lookes good. I had another scan yesterday ( i have scans very often because i'm worried after first pregnancy loss) and my baby weight is only 410grams - she is in 25% for weight. 6 days behind by lmp. Her tummy is spot on, but her head and legs are one week behind. My doctor isn't worried at all and said that i'm tiny and small and my baby will be the same. But I'm worried that something is wrong. She is still growing, two weeks ago she weighted 280grams, but I'm sad. Sorry for my english, i'm from Poland. Should I be worried?

Honestly it doesn’t sound like anything you should worry about to me. You are probably just nervous because of past experience. Trust your dr :)

Small baby is not a problem for me:) and my doctor isn't concerned. But I read some posts and other doctors were concerned when babies were only for example week-2 weeks behind and talked about some anomalies or iugr. Google is an evil.

No babies come in all shapes and sizes. At 16 weeks my girl measured a few days ahead for legs and a week behind for abdomen and head so long legged but petite haha.

Thanks! One week behind isn' t much for me but when I looked st google it seems that for some doctors it's cause for concern!

25th Centile is definitely fine. All babies need to form somewhere on that line. It will be impacted by parents size and shape. My 1st daughter was born full term on the 25th centile 6lb 15oz.

Anyone else? I'm still very worried:-( for me one week behind doesn't sound much but I looked for dr Google ( my mistake) and I read horribke stories- microcephaly, short femurs means Down syndrome. I'm scared that something is wrong:-(

Definitely nothing to be worried about. Measuring a few days behind is perfectly okay! If she was weeks behind then it would be concerning.

Thanks. I think I'm paranoid. After miscarriage it's hard for me to believe that I can have healthy baby and I'm worried about everything which is not average. And google doesn't help!

I wouldn't worry at all. My daughter has been under the 10 percentile her whole life and now she is almost 3. It's more if they stay on the curve and continue to grow. Also those scans are only ESTIMATES. I had scans biweekly with my twins and was told they would be under 5 pounds. I had them at 36 weeks....a full month early, and they were 6.8 and 6.13 pounds! As long as baby is growing don't worry :)

Thanks. I think i read too much and google tell you the worst scenario. Small baby - chromosome abnormality. I started eating more becuase at 24weeks pregnant I gained only 2kg !maybe it will help

I'm sure all is fine, the scans can be so off! They've never been correct for any of mine, my first I measured small the entire pregnancy anywhere between 1week and 2weeks behind I was told at 39wk4day he was only goingto be at the MOST 5lb well here was born 3days later at 8lb2oz 22 1/2 inch so he was HUGE! LOL add long as baby looks good I wouldn't worry, I take their measurements with a grain of salt!

Well although im a little backwards from you I don't think you need to worry. My baby girl is weighing in at 1 lb 2 oz at 21 weeks. So of course I goggled and that had her 2 weeks ahead of where she should be. I kinda freaked. I had an appt with my ob today and she said she is totally fine, in the 57th percentile. On the flip side of things my belly is measuring a week behind!

Its all about estimates dude. Try not to sweat the small stuff!

Measuring ahead usually is not cause for concern. Everything that I read in google tell you:measuring behind means chromosomal problem. I have several scans (at 17, 19, 22 weeks) and she has always measured couple of days behind so I know that it's not wrong measurment of sonographer. I'm natural worrier :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->