24 - 30 Week Birth??

DSemcho

Reaction score
Monday I was admitted to the hospital due to back and front labor, dilated 2cm external and 1cm internal and my cervix is starting to funnel from where baby is. My cervical length went from 4cm to 2.6cm. I was 23+2 then and I'm now 24+2. Me and my husband are overseas in Turkey due to him being active duty USAF, and on Tuesday/Wednesday they are medivac'ing me to Germany to do a fetal fibronectin test. I'm really scared. The doc here off base (Turkish doc) says she doesn't think he'll stay in longer than 3 more weeks. The doc in Germany and the doc here both think that if nothing changes I'll be going to New Mexico with my husband (who is PCS'ing).

Have any of you ladies delivered a baby between 24 and 29/30 weeks? What happened, and what should I expect if he comes before 28 weeks? Did yours survive? I'm not sure what to expect considering we don't know how long my cervix will hold on.

I'm on bedrest, as well as Nifedipine 4x a day - 1 pill and a 200mg progesterone vaginal suppository once at night. And while at the hospital the first time (4/13) he was measuring 25+2 and they gave me the two steroid shots.

Yes!! I actually delivered a baby boy at 23 + 1 on January 2nd, 2015. I was so scared but he survived the vaginal delivery and weighed 1lb 8oz. He is now 3 1/2 months old!! He is down to needing minimal oxygen and has just begun taking all of his bottles!! He is truly a miracle!! He would be 38 weeks gestation and will be having a hernia surgery as well as a possible eye surgery this week- but both are very common procedures for micro preemies and he should bounce back well!!

I hope your baby stays comfy in that belly for much longer, but know if he/she does come early, to have faith and stay strong and they will make it through!

I had my daughter at 29+5. She is 2½ now and doing very well. She's very advanced in speech and acts like every other 2 year old. She spent 62 days in the hospital, 3 weeks of those on cpap mostly on the lowest setting. She was mostly just in to learn to feed and grow.

I haven't told Bob (my husband) yet since he's en route and I don't want him to worry. I'm in Germany. And the Fetal fibronectin was positive. That with my cervix (which is down to 1.6cm) he's probably coming in the next two weeks and I'm not leaving anytime soon. Bob will need to somehow get here in a week, sooner if I dilate more. So we need to find out if they will issue him orders as my non-medical attendant so he can get here to me. If not then he will need to see if an embassy will issue him an emergency passport and we will need to figure out some way to get him here to me.

They're going to be transferring me to the hospital in Kaiserslautern because their NICU can hand,e a 24 week baby.

I had a dream last night I had him and he was so tiny.

:hugs: every day baby stays put is a blessing. Thinking of you

That's ok you can do this!! Keep that baby in as long as possible!! Stay positive and pray for your baby even when he's born! If you have your baby soon, he will definitely have oxygen needs but his organs and intestines should be ok! Keep us updated!!

With my son, my water broke at 27w and I was on hospital bed rest til he was born at 29w 3d. I had 2 rounds of steroid shots there to help his lungs develop. He was 3lbs 7oz. The nurses said that for every day he stayed in, it would take 2 days off his eventual NICU stay...so every day in hospital without having baby is victory. He was in the NICU for a heartbreaking 77 days...but is now a big, healthy, happy, active 2 year old.

The girl next to him in the NICU was 24w- and in the time that we were there, while she also experienced setbacks, we also saw her make much progress.

I don't know much about the fetal fibronectin test except that more me it wasn't that reliable- I got a negative result 3 days before my water broke. So I'm hoping a positive can be equally unreliable for you!

I'm hoping your little one stays put for a while longer at least. Let us know how you're doing with updates when you can:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->