24 and TTC#1

kittiecat

Mum to Noah & Ella
Reaction score
Hi I'm 24 as is my OH. Have been with my OH for about 4 and a half years and got engaged July 2011. This is our first month TTC and it would be lovely to have some other ladies to share it with. Would especially love to get to know more unmarried TTC ladies as I worry a lot about how people will react to the fact that we planned a baby when we weren't married. Silly I know but would be nice to talk to people in a similar situation!

GL and baby :dust: to all xxx

Hi! Im 23 as is my OH, this will be our first month ttc #2! We were together 3 months when I fell pregnant first time round - oops! But we are still together now 3 years on and sickeningly in love! We aren't married or engaged, so it does feel like everyone will judge us for ttc even though we already have a son (he obv wasn't planned). Good luck to you I hope you get your BFP soon!! xxxx

Aww its good that your relationship is so strong after having a child when you hadn't been together long! We want to get married at some point but at this time we want a little family more x

We would love to get married but we just can't afford it and at the moment having a family is more important to us as we'll. I am a student at the moment as well which also makes things a bit more difficult. Congrats on the engagement by the way! Cxx

Thanks! The silly thing is we had a wedding planned for the 8th December but cancelled as it didn't feel right and wasn't what we wanted. It was only going to be a small registry office do but we had been pressured into doing things we didn't want. We lost our deposits but tbh the peace of mind was worth it. Have decided the stress of wedding planning really doesn't suit me. Tbh when we do get married I can see us just eloping. My ideal would be just me, OH and our LO on a Hawaiian beach. My family would be fine but his would prob not be so happy :lol:. But then again I don't think they will be so happy about us having a baby now....

Hi Kittiecat and babypumpkin

I am 24 years old (25 in Dec) and my partner is 27. We have been together for 8 years and this is our first month TTC.

We arent engaged as yet, although everyone in the world is expecting it. I would say it will happen soon, but I just dont really mind. I am also a student (one year left!) and I have more important things in my life than planning a party for everyone else. I want to start a family now whilst im still studying so that I dont have to take 'as much' time out of my career once i start. :)

Babypumpkin, congrats on such a strong relationship considering you werent together long with your first! :)

Good Luck both of you! Maybe we could have our BFP this month together!!

:kiss:

Hi Nichi, lots of luck for a BFP!! What you studying? Yeah I think a lot of people want a wedding for them to have fun, which yes is fine but at the end of the day its meant to be two people committing to each other for the rest of their lives and declaring their love! You just do it when its right for you guys not everyone else!

Kittiecat - who cares if their not happy its your wedding and your baby! Make sure you get a pic of their faces when you come home and tell them you are married! Hehehe!

Roll on friday - my man is home and we can DTD! If i don't fall this month the next time I am ovulating when he is home is January (he works offshore) so Im praying for a very very lucky month! xxxx

Fx'd for you! This tww is driving me mad. I didn't temp or anything but I think I ovulated last Monday so am about 8dpo. Not testing till AF is due on the 18th though and it feels like ages away! xx

Sorry ladies! I lost the post and just worked out how to find it again haha!!! YAY!!!

Babypumpkin: I am doing a Bachelor of Animal Science with a marketing minor. I only have next year left and im free! haha. Although I am already looking at what else I can study ahaha.

How are you both going? My symptoms have subsided, and I tested this morning still BFN :(
I just went and purchased 6 FRER haha. So will try tomorrow.
Im worried if Im not because we BD'd every day pretty much or at least every second... :(

I'm ok. The tww is driving me crazy!! I think I'm about 10dpo and I have sore/itchy boobs, bloatedness, headaches and some dizziness and my cm was (sorry for this) snot like at one point and now back to watery/creamy. Hoping these are all good signs. Also had some nausea. Not testing till Tuesday at the earliest (the day before AF is due) but am finding it really hard to resist the urge to poas! :lol: xx

Hi guys!
Im new around here but just seen this thread. Im in the same boat. Im 26, OH is 33, we're not married or engaged but are ready to start our family. We are together 4 years and marraige will happen at some point but for now we feel like you guys, its just not a priority.

We are ttc 3 months now. Feels like 3 decades!! :cry:
I have PCOS which isnt helping the situation, but its still early days so havent lost all hope just yet. Im very excited about being pregnant, but a little obsessive about it too. I have an ovulation monitor which I use every day, then once I pass my ovulation days I do a pt every morning, even when I know its far too early. I started a ttc journal on here and Im hoping through that and speaking to others I will be a little less crazy about the whole thing! :wacko:

Would love to keep each other updated on here since we're almost at the same stage :flower:

Hi ready2Bmum! :hi:

I understand the being obsessed. This is only our first month ttc and I'm already obsessive. It's hard not to be tbh!! Hope you get your :bfp: soon xx

Hi Kittiecat :hi:

Im worse some days than others. Im in the last 6 months of college and I work, so some days Im too busy to obsess, then other days I cant concentrate on anything else! Im so happy to have found this site. There are so many people in the same boat.
I had the same worries as others about what people will think of us planning a family when we're not married, but I just dont care enough to let it stop me! :ignore: :haha:

Same here! Talked to my Mum yesterday and she said she would prefer us to be married first but she wont blow her top if we don't. She just said it's a preference which is fair enough.

Well tested this morning with FMU and :bfn:. Trying not to let it get me down as not 100% how many dpo I am so although I think I'm 12 I could be wrong. Going to try and wait to test again till AF is due on Wednesday now. If that is negative I'll leave it for a week till either AF comes or if it doesn't I'll test again....

Hello to the newbies!! :)

Everyone seems like they are all just as restless me reagrding this 2ww business!!!
I am 14dpo, and tested yesterday for a BFN. AF is due tomorrow, and my boobs have got sorer and sorer as time has gone on, cramps and twinges still there and not as bad. I think it almost certain its a BFN, but I am ready for it because what will be will be. :)
I will just continue on my path of getting even MORE healthy so that I can make an amazingly healthy baby!!! and work on my business a bit more in the mean time :)

Goodluck to everyone!

well the :witch: got me today. Initially I was really disappointed and burst into tears but now I am ready for AF to be gone and on with cycle 2!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->