24 week midwife appointment?

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
Hi ladies so fourth baby but i don't remember what happens at this appointment. I have only seen my midwife once so far and that was at 8 weeks. (all other appointments until now has been scans and consultant appointment)

so ladies in the uk what happened at yours? those of you that DID have one.

I don't get a 24 week appointment . Had a booking appointment (between 8-10weeks) then a 16 week midwife appointment, then 28 weeks.

Maybe because i'm higher risk because i've had a previous section?!

I've had a previous section and take blood thinning injections so classed as high risk but I've only been seen at 16 weeks then will be seen at 28 weeks also. Xx

well i don't know ladies, ask your midwives.
anyone had a 24 week appointment?

I did because it was my fist.
We did blood pressure, urine sample, quick bump feel and heard the heart beat! I can't remember if I got blood taken or not, I think I probably did.

I don't get a 24-week appointment as this is my second baby - but I'm so bloody anxious I wish I did.

Very tempted to ring while DH is in Boston and ask if I can see her 'outside of schedule' just to talk to her.

I'm so worried about my MH.

Considering they are deeming me 'high risk' I wish I could get more appointments with non-consultant grade medicals.

Well you'll soon find out.

It's always been at 28 weeks previous pregnancies and it says on my notes bloods at 28 weeks.

I remember being told I was slightly anemic at my 28 week appointment that's all, which ment they must have taken my blood at my 24 week one. I don't suppose I matters much really.

I shouldn't be having a 24 week appointment as it's my third, but she's booked me in for one as I go on holiday at 27 weeks and she wants to make sure everything is ok before I fly. Then I will have the normal 28 week appt when I get back. I'm sure at 24 weeks they normally just do blood pressure, urine check, listen to heartbeat and they might start measuring fundal height?

So different in other places.. Other than first here I saw my mw at 16 weeks and not again until 34 weeks!! Seems pointless! She gave me form for bloods and said go at 28 weeks. Other than 20 week scan that's the only constant I have! X

I'm going at 28 weeks for bloods, rhesus injection and collect my matb1 form. I haven't been since 16 weeks but here that's normal for second pregnancy +

Hello :) I just had a 25 week appointment. They checked my blood pressure, fetal heart rate, measured my uterus, discussed my 20 week scan, gave me a requisition for a blood test to check for diabetes, and lots of time to talk. My appointments usually seem to be 45 minutes-1 hour. I'm in Canada so maybe it's different. :)

Hello :) I just had a 25 week appointment. They checked my blood pressure, fetal heart rate, measured my uterus, discussed my 20 week scan, gave me a requisition for a blood test to check for diabetes, and lots of time to talk. My appointments usually seem to be 45 minutes-1 hour. I'm in Canada so maybe it's different. :)

Yeah it's a bit different here in uk. had it this afternoon. I'll see her one more time at 28 weeks then that will be last time i see her till birth as I'm consultant led.

It's so different everywhere. I have to see midwife every 2 weeks from 28 weeks because I'm consultant led. So strange how it differs from one part of the country to the next

So how often are midwifery appt's usually scheduled for in the UK?

Here for a normal low-risk pregnancy they start at around 6-10 weeks, then every 4 weeks until 28 weeks, every 2 weeks until 36 weeks and then every week till delivery. That doesn't include ultrasound appt's. high risk clients are seen more frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->