25 weeks and 1 cm dialated

kgriffin

Reaction score
hey everyone
i just spent 30 hours in the hospital in the labour and delivery ward, i was having pains which they thought ould be my appendix, but they have since ruled that out, the pain seems to have subsided.

However, they checked my cervix and saw that I am 1cm dilated, they did a swab to check to see if my waters were leaking, this came back negative.

I am flying across the country (permanent move) in a week today. I have to see my obgyn again tomorrow for a follow up, but im obviously concerned.

She did not put me on bedrest. Anyone experience this?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT - my ticker is incorect, I am 25 weeks and 3 days.

Hi there, sorry your going thru this scare. It could be normal, some women walk around for weeks with a dilated cervix and go overdue. Can you contact your doctor and ask if its OK to travel? I know here in the last trimester they say not to fly as the pressure can put you into labor. GL

I'm seeing my doc tomorrow to check about flying, and good to know about the dilating, i suppose i could have been dilated for a few weeks and it could have been done undetected.

wow, 52 views and one reply! I'm actually relieved that no one is going through this, as much as I'd love some advice

Hi i was 1cm dilated at 32weeks with my 2nd (although being about a cm dilated with 2nd ect is normal) I was 3cms dilated at bang on 40weeks had dd at 41+2
so it may just be harmless if you dont dilate anymore x

I flew at 28+3 days. It wasn't necessary but I got a doctors note saying I was approved to fly just in case. I wasn't really in your position either. Butni have heard its pretty common for women to be 1-2 cm dilated for quite a while. Maybe after
Your appointment tomorrow she will have more answers for you.

hey everyone
i just spent 30 hours in the hospital in the labour and delivery ward, i was having pains which they thought ould be my appendix, but they have since ruled that out, the pain seems to have subsided.

However, they checked my cervix and saw that I am 1cm dilated, they did a swab to check to see if my waters were leaking, this came back negative.

I am flying across the country (permanent move) in a week today. I have to see my obgyn again tomorrow for a follow up, but im obviously concerned.

She did not put me on bedrest. Anyone experience this?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT - my ticker is incorect, I am 25 weeks and 3 days.
I cannot imagine what u are going tru hun and i have no experience wotsover, however i don't want to randr . :hugs:hope everything works out for u.

Hope you make it a while before giving birth good luck xx

Is this your first child? I have heard its quite common for women to be 1cm dialated all the way through pregnancy if its not their first child..tbh i dont know if i have ever been in that position because no one has ever checked my cervix until 40 weeks for the sweep but the mw did say she could get her finger in which is about 1cm. :shrug:

hope things work out for you!

I haven't read all the replies but I wanted to reply. You can never be too cautious in a situation like this. I would probably limit how much walking I am doing and not lift anything heavy. When you see your doctor again question her with anything you think of. Honestly being 1 cm dilated at 25 weeks is not normal and I am not saying you'll have preterm labor because it really could go either way.
I have an incompetent cervix and low progesterone so I know from personal experience how serious your situation is and that it could go either way. I would ask about a emergent cerclage, it doesn't hurt to ask and progesterone injections (they help to keep your uterus calm) and ask about betamethasone injections (steroids for baby's lungs). I would stop all sexual behavior also. I was not told anything I should have been with my first pregnancy (But I was 2 cm at 17 weeks and ended up going into labor due to an infection at 21 weeks, so it is def not the same situation). You don't want to have your baby this early (every day and week is a blessing for baby) so I would be taking all precautions and don't be afraid to ask questions and possibly get a second opinion if you feel uncertain.
I hope everything goes well and GL on your move!

update - saw my doc, i have not dialated anymore, she said to take it easy but im not on bed rest, im cleared to fly and otherwise, business as usual

thank you for your responses

I was put on bed rest when i was 25 weeks and 2 cm dialated with my first, i also lost some mucus plug but didnt have bh or any pain at all. I did stay in the hospital a few days and gave the shots for the baby's lungs, I was back at the hospital at 32 weeks for the same thing but i was having contractions but everything turn out ok since he was born at 38 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->