27 Weeks and Itchy

Mysticalrain

Reaction score
Hey ladies thats me 27 weeks now an dhave been itching on and off for about a week I am aware of the liver thingy ma bob. I am more here for reinsurance anyone else 27 weeks itchy and do not have the liver thing? I know a blood test will comfirm it but like I said reinsurance?:baby::thumbup::flower:

Hello

I started having itchiness around 27 weeks too, and it wasn't liver related.
However mine turned into a more serious condition called pemphigoid gestationis, and i had to be in hospital for a while on steriod treatment. but that;s rare and it;s likely that you just have normal pregnancy related itching with all the stretching.

Try some nice soothing creams like calamine and see if that helps? is it all over your body or just the belly? doctor prescribed me soem anti itch creams so until you see your doctor maybe just try out some different creams and moisturisers and see if it gives you relief. Staying cool helps me.

i feel for you, itching is so annoying!

My belly itches. Idk what this "liver thing" is tho :S
It's not unbearably itchy but I find myself scratching it more often. Could be the cold weather too.
My progesterone injection sites, however... *shudder* I'm constantly slathered in benadryl cream.

I have been quite itchy, but it's on and off. I did have problems with my liver with my last pregnancy. I had obstetric cholestasis
The itching then was unbearable. Mainly on my hands and feet/legs. But the itching is on and off at the moment so not too worried.. Hopefully yours is nothing serious, better to get checked 😘

It is quite common to feel itchy if you are pregnant and it is affecting almost as in most of pregnant women. If itching to make you more uncomfortable than better to consult with a doctor. You can try some tips at home also such as a use unperfumed moisturiser to moisturise your skin, avoid warm bath or showers which may increase itching. You can try some itching cream also to get rid of it which is available easily in the market, but do not use without consulting with your doctor. Take care…

Agree with PP, some itching is just expected. My mum said she itched like crazy when she was pregnant with my little brother. but always worth checking with doc and try out a few different unscented natural creams etc.

good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->