27 weeks today! What should I expect from 3rd Trimester? :)

Violet3

Mama to 1 baba <3
Reaction score
Helloo ladies ! :flower:

This is my first post in 3rd Trimester and I'm very excited to be here ! :happydance: It seems like just last month I was having my 12 week scan ! :wacko:

Anyway, as I'm a first time mummy, I was wondering what to expect from the 3rd Trimester. I know that 2nd Trimester is the 'honeymoon period' of pregnancy, so does it all go downhill from here ? :haha:

What sort of symptoms might start cropping up, what sort of things should I be doing to prepare for the birth etc. ?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated ! :hugs: I must admit, when I was over in 2nd Tri I couldn't wait to join all you ladies here in 3rd because of all the threads about possibly being in labour and so on, but now I'm here I feel like that's all still so far away ! I might linger over in 2nd Tri for a few more weeks yet :haha: !

Good luck everyone ! :flower: x

welcome. Its in a way similar to the 1st trimester. A lot of us experience some 1st trimester symptons again. And the most exciting bit is at the end!i felt a bit in limbo to start with as i wasnt anywhere near labour so didnt feel i belong. Your midwife appts should get closer together. And if not already you will have your bump measured. Eventually you will hear when you engage! I imagine your gonna get very hot and very fed up carryin through the summer. I dont seem to put a positive spin do i! Its a great trimester really. Babx gets big and you may start to see body parts stickin out and this is the last bit before your life changes forever. Its amazing x

I get really excited about having midwife appointments :haha: ! I have one next week to get my first anti-D injection because I'm Rh-. And then I have appointments every 2-3 weeks afterwards ! :) x

I feel just like you! I am so excited to be in 3rd Tri but feel I am a long way from delivering my little boy. :)

Expect the anticipation and excitement to drive you absolutely batty! Some days I'm like, wow, only 11 weeks to go, its soooo close...and some days I'm like....ughhhh 11 more weeks I want to meet my baby nowwwwwwww lol (and I want to start feeling like a human being again)

Oh god, please don't let my tiredness get worse ! :haha: I already sleep for about 10-12 hours per night AND have a nap during the day ! I'm like a lioness, they sleep for like a million hours and just wake up for food :haha: ! X

I'm still pretty new myself. I moved over a little early last week because I was over 2nd tri. I've made myself quite at home here, but it feels like time has already stopped moving!!! Not sure why as I have so much to do still... I've got my hospital tour next weekend as well as my shower... and then the rest of preparing... the room, hospital bag, washing clothes, nesting and cleaning the house...

No idea how time can suddenly stand still when there is SO much to do!!

i think this is the best trimester(prob wudn have said tha this morn...feel realy rubbish in the mornings for some unknown reason) the end is in sight, the baby is almost fully developed and soon we will be mummys x

Welcome to third tri. When I first came over I didnt feel like I belonged here yet with all the birth stories and all the labor clues. I am starting to feel a little more at home now. There are more varied questions over here. In first tri it was all scary stuff. In second tri it was all scan stuff and in third its all kinds. Wow, can you believe that in 13 weeks your life will change forever. Look forward to seeing your posts over here

Thank you for all the kind words of advice so far ! :hugs:

I know what you mean about the end being in sight. It's like I'm in a race and the finish line isn't all too far away, there are just a couple more obstacles to overcome before I can reach the line ! :flower:

Have enough comfy maternity clothes so that you don't end up needing more at the very end! It is hard to spend the money (even when you desperately need new stuff!!) when you only have a couple of weeks left!

good idea to get some info for yourself, id say that for me the honeymoon period lasted till around 31 weeks and then i started to feel the old feelings of being fed up of this extra weight and not being able to sleep and out of breathe so easily. Also what happens that noone tells u about is that the bigger LO gets the more u feel like your going to all of a sudden piss your pants. And sometimes a wee lil bit does come out so pantie liners come in handy.

Net thing for me is the leaking bobs to which cotton pads have come very useful. Be prepared to sleep less and less and u can not get into a comfy posistion. Sometimes it feels like i am sleeping on a lumby matress as i can feel LO and then i get scared of squishing her(stupid i know)

These are all the negatives

Positives.

Be prepared fr some strong and amazing movements in that belly of yours like nothing u have ever felt b 4 and it really is the most natural feeling in the world. (im a first time mum as well)
Now that your in 3rd tri it fly's by i think and it wont be long that u will meet LO . And now u can plan all the finishing touches and it becomes more real.

tiredness! n being lazy all the time LOL.
oh and for some reason i feel like i have been in 3rd tri for MONTHS N MONTHS. Time here seems to drag lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->