28 NTNP periods 17-21 days apart

Caitlinley

Reaction score
Hello BnB friends!

I have been looking around on the site for a while and decided it was time to just dive in.

Hubby and I are NTNP but not yet TTC. I have been off bcp for three months: first month 26 day cycle, second month 22 day cycle, this month 17 day cycle. Prior to bcp (10 years ago) my cycles were around 17-22 days apart.

Has anyone here had a similar situation with their cycles and tried to conceive? Any insight would be great!

Is this a sign to head straight to the obgyn and talk about fertility?

Looking forward to going through this with a great community, and my DH of course!

Welcome! Your situation sounds very similar to mine when I was trying for my first. How long where you on bcp for? I was on the pill for nearly 10yrs and had periods that were slightly longer 21-25 days but had a LP of 10/11 days. I went to see my dr 3/4mths into trying and he asked me if I knew I was ovulating (I did because I started using opks) an wanted me to track ovulation for 6mths and then come back to him. He thought my body was having issues regulating its own hormone levels after such a long time on the pill, and that by 6mths if it wasn't longer or more consistent then I might have a progesterone issue. I was pregnant 3mrhs later so I guess he was right!

To cut a long story short it isn't an obvious fertility issue. Time should sort it out. Try tracking ovulation (through opks or just observing your body, or temping if you feel up to it) and write them down and if you still feel a few months later that you need to see a dr you can take your dates and facts with you. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->