28 Week Antinatal Appointment

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Ive got my 28 week antinatal midwife appointment on Wednesday and I was wondering what to expect. I cant remember if she said she would be taking bloods or not like she did at my booking appointment (baby brain I know!) and there is no mention of bloods in my pack, so yeah I dont know.

What did you MW do at your 28w appointment? For some reason, im nervous.

Thanks x

Im in the same boat i have mine a week tomorrow and i dont know what to expect!

I did have bloods taken at 28 weeks. I also booked in my whooping cough jab, but other than that it was the usual feel of belly, listen to heartbeat and ask any questions.

Ah nice one thanks. I cant remember if she mentioned bloods or not, she may well have done but my brain is about as good as a chocolate teapot at the moment! I just dont want to go in there thinking that I didnt have to have bloods done for her to pounce at me with a needle, I need time to mentally prepare for that!

Yeah full blood count and antibodies at 28 weeks. I had mine done on tuesday at my gtt though

its normal appt and bloods. :)

I had to have anti d injection as I am rhesus neg x

Yeah i had normal midwife appt bp check felt tummy listened to baby and had 28 week bloods done. I think they are all the same bloods that were done at the start to make sure they are all the same

At mine, I had my blood drawn to check hemoglobin levels . I also had a growth scan, but thats because my fundal height was measuring behind.. Other than that, it was just a normal appt where my BP was checked, weight, and babys heart beat :) they also switched me to "every other week" appointments from now on.

I had my 28 week appointment today. She had told me to get my bloods done last week so she'd have the results today - i had to go to our local hospital blood clinic.
Just a standard appointment, blood pressure, fundal height, baby heart beat, urine test etc.
Then i went and had my whooping cough injection with the practise nurse. :thumbup:

I didn't have bloods done because I had them done yesterday at GTT so just all the normal checks x

ive had my GTT and my 28 week bloods before, so the result is back for my 28 week app which is on Tuesday :)
MW said at 25 weeks that this time she will do first measurements of my stomach and plot my graph, and just the usual BP check and urine sample check and listen to baby HB.
i haven't been weighed since my 12 week app! i wonder if she will do that =/ i hope not lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->