28 weeks and losing hair

Pixie2982

Mum of 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
A bit worried here right now as I’ve just turned 28 weeks and found a bald spot on the back of my head, I think it’s getting bigger too :(
And noticeable as my hair is short
Anyone else suffered this or have heard of it ?

Attachments

• IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 15
I would suggest having your thyroid checked

That would definitely warrant some follow up with your doctor. I've lost some hair but nothing so severe.

I would suggest having your thyroid checked

I second this. I have a friend who has been hyperthyroid since her first pregnancy, and my mom has hypothyroid. They both have differing issues but both of them had thinning hair issues.

:hugs:

I would definitely give your doctor a call. I do know that some women lose hair during pregnancy but I honestly don't have a clue what causes it.

I've lost a similar amount of hair with both of my pregnancies, mine grew back thankfully but I never did get checked if there was a particular reason why! Sorry I can't be of any help.

Oh my. I’ve lost hair post partum but never during pregnancy and not as severe. Definitely show your dr. It’s probanly hormonal but still needs to get checked out.

I have a midwife appointment already scheduled for tomorrow so I will see what she says too
And I’ll update tomorrow after work

good luck with your appointment hope they can give you some answers :hugs:

Hope she is able to give you answers hun.

Midwife can’t do nothing, I have to see gp to request blood test for thyroid :(

Midwife can’t do nothing, I have to see gp to request blood test for thyroid :(

Dang, Im sorry. I was hoping she could at least ease your mind a little. Were you able to make an appointment with your GP yet?

Thank you :)

Normally have to ring up at 8am or 2 weeks in advance online to book appointment but you post reminded me to check the website for appointments and managed to book one for Wednesday with a gp(someone must have cancelled)
Which is lucky as it’s my day off work haha

Midwife did say that she noticed at the appointment before this one that she noticed I had a tiny bald patch, what I d9nt understand is why she said nothing lol

Well at least I know it’s not because I decided to dye my hair

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->