28 weeks growth scan

Rovemongoose

Reaction score
Had my 28 weeks scan today. Baby looked quite content in there (and also slightly like an alien in the scan pic haha) but I have to be tested for gestational diabetes due to the baby being over 3lb already. Anybody else had this issue!

77861E48-E1D3-46F1-888C-6DE5AB033744.jpeg 8BAC748A-D98F-4F93-8ACE-4DEA8C81D11B.jpeg

How adorable!!

My baby is measuring a bit on the bigger side too and I already got tested for gestational diabetes- I don’t have gd though. Had the test done in all my pregnancies as it is standard for the drs I’ve been following with. My first baby’s birth weight was 7.2 pounds while my second was 8.3. Current one was measuring around 4.6 pounds at my last appointment at 32+ weeks but I’m taking this with a grain of salt as I feel there’s a big margin of error with these measurements.

I’d definitely get tested for gd if offered though. Better err on the side of caution where yours & baby’s health is concerned!

I had mine at 28w 3d and she was estimated at 2lb 14oz, which they said was 54th percentile. I do have borderline GD, so probably why she is a touch over average. Do you know how much over 3lbs she was? Your baby doesn't sound much bigger than mine. I feel like I'm still within a normal range. They are supposedly doing a growth scan at 34 weeks to check on her size and make sure she isn't getting too large. Hopefully she won't be!

Both of my babies were early and larger. DS#1 was 9.6 at a week early and DS#2 was 8.7 at 3 weeks early but no GD here. I just grow big babies.

I had a growth scan at 30 weeks and 1 day baby was around 4lb 3oz ! No mention of anything to do with GD !

Hope all goes well x

I think it’s because my BMI is bigger. I mean I have only put on 13lb since my 9 week booking in appointment. Is that really that bad?

I think that’s really good Rove ! Don’t be too hard on yourself ! x

I had 28+5 growth scan on Monday my chubba is currently weighing at 3lb 6oz..so pretty much the same as you.

I do have GD and I'm currently getting it under control with insulin. They seem to think there is plenty of time to reign her in. Tummy and head were both over 95% percentile

Well i had my glucose test today and didn’t receive any call back to say anything was wrong so I have to presume everything is ok. That test is pretty tiring though

My doctor tests everyone around 28 weeks; it's a routine prenatal test here. I actually took it twice--once around 22 weeks and again at 30 weeks; my son was over 10 lbs and this one is on the bigger side, too. However, my tests have always come back normal, for both pregnancies. Some women just make big babies!

Good luck with your results! Hopefully all is well! You are absolutely right about the glucose test. I had it done a few minutes away from my place and would come back and lay down until it was almost time for my next blood draw.

Perplexed - where I am at, they don't let you leave the building. They want to make sure you aren't doing anything to change the test results. I live less than a mile away and had to take the three hour test. Pure misery. They should at least have a comfortable area for women. We just had hard upright waiting room chairs to sit in. I was longing for a bed, or even a recliner.

I was actually surprised I was allowed to leave. One of the clinics I had my prenatal appointments at was very far from my house but they had a room where the person doing the glucose test could go and rest for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->