28 weeks period like cramping =/

luckyyou

Reaction score
Hi all. Im 28 weeks tomorrow and for the past few days I have been getting an increase in what feels like I would right before my period. Like a very heavy feeling "down there" and in the low stomach. Sometimes into my thighs. I also noticed about a week or two ago that LO isnt as active as normal but when i called the dr they said as long as you feel her sometime during the day that they dont start counting kicks til 28 weeks. I also get like sharp sudden pains my the very edge of my back into my side along with the feeling like im going to get my period any second. I don't want to keep calling dr and seem like im crazy I just have no idea what any of it is as this is my first pregnancy. I am 18 and due Aug 25... Any advice? :-(

If you're worried, hun, talk to your doctor or MW, that's what they're there for. I have had period type cramping, and it was particularly bad a couple of weeks ago (so when I was about 30 weeks ish), and it also coincided with LO being less active - turns out he'd decided to twist round facing me and put his head right down low, so his head was causing the period-type pain and the fact his limbs weren't contacting with my uterus (he was kicking into the fluid rather than against the outside) meant I couldn't feel him much. But I got my MW out to check anyway, and she said they always prefer to check rather than have you stewing on worry for no reason. They don't look for a specific number of kicks, now, I don't think, but they do ask you to take note (and call them) if there is a significant reduction in movement, or no movement at all, or a significant change in the pattern of movements.

I guess what I'm saying it, it could easily be nothing (mine was) but to put your mind at ease call someone to check on LO.

i probably will wind up calling them just to be safe. after the last time i called though they made me feel silly for calling even though i told her that i hadnt felt the baby all day and only like 5-10 times the day before. i thought it may just be pressure from her maybe starting to go head down since its a bunch of pressure "down there" just like i would feel the first day of my period

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->