2nd AF late after MC

Beccasmum

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to this forum, or any forum actually, but you all seem so lovely and full of good advice.

My little bean lost it's grip in early April. I was only about 5 weeks along but it felt like the bottom had fallen out of my world. Started TTC almost immediately. Had my first AF exactly 28 days after I started MC so thought I was back on track as I was pretty regular before but 2nd AF has not materialized. I'm now 4 days late but have had 2 digital BFN's. Anyone had this same problem?

Sorry if I have rambled on or used the wrong abbreviations!

Hi. I'm new to this forum, or any forum actually, but you all seem so lovely and full of good advice.

My little bean lost it's grip in early April. I was only about 5 weeks along but it felt like the bottom had fallen out of my world. Started TTC almost immediately. Had my first AF exactly 28 days after I started MC so thought I was back on track as I was pretty regular before but 2nd AF has not materialized. I'm now 4 days late but have had 2 digital BFN's. Anyone had this same problem?

Sorry if I have rambled on or used the wrong abbreviations!

Hi! I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a MMC last year so I know how you feel. Its so hard. TTC even gets harder because you want it so much more. I had perfect cycles before my MC. 28 days, my symptoms were always the same, my flow was always the same. Now I have irregular cycles 24-29 days, I ovulate on different days of the month, and my symptoms area always changing. I even went to my doctor to talk about it and her answer was to put me on birth control to regulate my cycles and hormones. I was like, wwhhhaaaattt? I'm trying to have a baby! No way!

To make a long story short, your hormones are probably still fluctuating. A loss is hard on your body. If you aren't already taking vitamins for it, try B complex to help regulate. There are a few others that can help progesterone and estrogen, but I can't think of them right now. Good luck TTC

so sorry hun!! like you my first AF was fine but the last 2 have been late and mega heavy. im TTC since last month and due next week so really hope it doesnt come!! have you tried using opks etc to see if your ovulationg?? it could be just that you are ovulating late and therefore your AF is coming late....vitamin b6 definitely helps hun.

good luck with everything xxxxxxxx

Hi Beccasmum. I seem to be in exactly the same situation as you :( I had m/c in April. First af came exactly 28 days after the d&c - as regular as she has always been. Now waiting for the second a/f and it's late. I really don't think I am pregnant - I just don't have any symptoms at all. I had a bfn about 4 days go but haven't tested since. I'm really wondering if my cycle is now just messed up after the m/c an d&c. I'm pretty sure I ovulated though this month as I had a smiley opk and my temps went up. Do you know if you o'd this month?

It's all a little weird, but who knows, maybe we will both get our bfps in a few days!! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for your replies ladies. I nearly cried when I saw that I actually had some responses :hugs: Thanks for the advice on vitamins. I'll give anything a go at this point.

It's so unbelievably frustrating not to know when AF is going to start. I've never wanted it so bad!!

I did use OPK this time and it came up a faint positive just like it did when I got pregnant last time. Aligirl - will you try another HPT or go to the Dr??

Just a little rant to finish - I just cannot believe I'm here. I cannot believe I'm now a statistic. Everyday I think I should be getting fatter but loving every second. I have people around me all pregnant and happy and I'm so jealous I could scream................rant over :winkwink:

I did another hpt today and it was a bfn again :dohh: it's really frustrating as I have always been so regular, so previously any lateness would have been a pretty sure sign of a bfp, but now, nothing. It's upsetting not just to have to deal with the m/c but now also my body messing me about.

I don't really know how long to give it before I go to the docs - and I'm not even sure what he/she would do about it? Are you going to go to the docs! X

So sorry for you going through this as well :hugs: It's so annoying. I feel like AF is coming, def don't feel pregnant. I was really happy when my first one came bang on time and now I'm just in limbo waiting for the curse :growlmad:

Think I will leave it a while longer before Dr. Feel like I'm down there a lot, bit of a hypochondriac!! Might try the others advice though re: vitamins.

I wouldn't usually wish the curse on anyone but I hope we get it soon.

Here's a little bit of baby dust for you! :dust:

Thank you! Even though it's not nice, it's good to share with someone going through the same thing. I know exactly what you mean - when the first one came bang on time, I thought - yay we are all back to normal and can get on with it.

Anyway, for once, let's just wish for af to arrive and then we can get on with the show!! Best of luck, and keep me posted!! :thumbup:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I havent even had af yet since losing Hadlee so I dont even know what to expect or when. :shrug: :shrug:

Sorry to hear that Kiki. How long ago was your loss?

Thank you... it was just on May 26 at 16w6d. So just 2 weeks ago :( But I am keeping my fingers crossed for some awesome BFP's this month :hugs: I hope you get yours!

I got my first af at 28 days after the m/c. I think the general guide is 4-6 weeks after so you are well within that. I wouldn't worry yet!

Best of luck to you. Xx

Oh Kiki, I'm so sorry for you :hugs: My first AF was 28 days as well but this one has had me hanging on so I supposed there's no rhyme or reason to it unfortunately.

Guess who's made an appearance.....:witch: Sort of relieved but gutted at the same time...always had that little bit of hope. Ah well, off we go again!

Ah Beccasmum - don't know whether to say 'sorry' or 'yay' that the witch arrived! At least now you know and can move on. I'm still in limbo. I think I just want her to come now so that I can move on.

So how many days did you have between first and second af post m/c? I'm currently on cd30.

Thanks Aligirl. I think it's more of a yay really tbh. I didn't feel great this cycle, had a lot of discomfort that felt a lot like when I had the MC. Keep having the same ache from my ovary just down to about half way down my thigh. Just my body trying to recover I suppose. I'm on cd32 today so not much out but mucked up my system totally.

I really hope AF stays at bay for you hun. Let's go for that BFP eh!?!!?:thumbup: Keep me posted x

Awww well if you are more towards the yay then I am happy it showed up so you can successfully and confidently try this month.. onto a new cycle for you :hugs: Goodluck!

So, my af arrived last night too! I think it was a yay moment for me too. I knew I wasn't preggers so just wanted her to get on with it. So here I am, back at cd1 - looking onwards and upwards to this months cycle. Are you going to do anything this cycle in terms of temps or opks?? X

Aw sorry the old bag came for you too Aligirl. I'm looking on it as a fresh start :winkwink: Glad you're staying positive too.

I never did the temp thing but did do OPK's but not sure when to test now. Can't afford to do it too often!! What do you think/what are you gonna do? x

Yep - this is going to be a good month!! :thumbup:

I'm doing the temps, and will also do opks. I know what you mean about knowing when to do them. Before the m/c I had it down to a fine art, and pretty much knew the date I was going to ovulate, so was only using 1 stick a month. Last month as it was all over the place I started testing on cd9 and didn't get a smiley until cd16, so used up a whole box! I have got some off amazon though as they are much cheaper than in the shops.

I've also read on here about grapefruit juice helping with fertile cm. I'd never heard that before, but might give it a go. If nothing else, it will go towards my 5 a day!!

So, here's hoping this is a good month for us!! Xx

I was just using the individual clearblue sticks. Do you use the digital one? Might have to invest in one!

Oh no, not grapefruit juice :dohh:!! I can't stand it but will give it a go. Have to be careful with it though as if taking with other meds it can sometimes reduce their effectiveness. Why is this process soooo complicated :wacko:

Well best of luck to us all I say! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->