2nd baby-baby shower

2yrsandwaiting

Mom of 2 beautiful DD
Reaction score
Ok so i need everyone's opinion.
I'm pregnant with number 2, but my DD is 5 and we gave away everything that we had for her. Mainly we had no room to store it, and people we know needed and it took us 3 yrs to get pregnant.
So, my question is, is it "bad" or "wrong" or "taboo" to want to have a 2nd baby shower?

I don't think it's wrong at all. It's a celebration of your baby and a time for your family/friends to celebrate with you. A lot of my friends with more than 1 child have had baby showers. I say go for it and Congrats!!!

I think it's doubly important for you to have one since you have been trying for so long.

I was just thrown a baby shower for my 2nd child. I think it's perfectly acceptable!

I think it's fine to have a shower for each child..
Especially when they're spaced far apart, I mean you might not even want one if you're having one right after the other!

My siblings & I are all 2 years apart; my mom had a big shower for me (I was the first grandchild in her family & her first baby of course, and in my dad's family I was the first child of their only son - who was spoiled rotten!!).. and smaller ones for my brother and sister, just family things for those 2 really..

And I'm having 2 or 3 showers :blush: I sound so greedy but I REALLY want to keep my friends separate from my family, LOL, some are a bit "too much" at times.. my family is all out of town so we're going out of town for a shower, and my boyfriend's family IS invited, but they're all in town, so will either be lumped in with my friends or have their own shower. I really don't want THREE of them though :dohh:.. that's just too much for me!!

I LOVE this question it always comes up! There is so much debate on second baby showers. I feel that a first baby should always have a shower if possible, you get so many useful items and are a new parent so the items you do get! well, you may of not chosen yourself, and need!

The second or more time around is totally up to you. I guess you have to ask yourself if you have enough baby items from first baby? is this another gender? or is someone hosting the shower for you?

Now if family is hosting second shower and they are very into it, I would go ahead and have one! I would not expect distant friendships to attend it (most of all ones who went to the first who are not close). Like people OH works with for example.

A friend hosting shower, also try not to invite too many who are not in your close inner circle unless they show interest in attending (like asking when the shower is).

Thanks to all of you replied. I've just never been sure if it was ok. But i think you're right about close freind and family only.
We will need everthing but the crib! And it would be nice to not break the bank buying everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->