2nd baby....flutters at 8 weeks????!!

mrsrof

Mum to one :)
Reaction score
As the title suggests, today I have been feeling teeny little flutters really low down, right in the middle. It does not feel like gas, in fact I'm 90% sure it's not gas!! But...is it even possible to feel baby this early? Or am I going mad???

Hmm I'd say 8 weeks was too early. 12+ weeks I'd say but I dunno really. I felt.my second at 14 weeks x

It does seem early but ive felt them too! Though to be fair I got phantom flutters on and off since my DD so ive sorta dismissed it x

At 8 weeks your baby is the size of a kidney bean, id say its unlikely hun. I couldnt feel a thing even with my second until 2nd tri

it's not like actual movement, more like teeny little bubbles popping..it's very weird!

I've been feeling it too, but I've also been feeling the phantom kicks after I had my son, so who really knows.

I've been feeling flutters too!
I'm 100% sure its not gas....
I know baby is so tiny and doesnt even have fully formed limbs yet, but i did read that the baby is constantly moving about at this stage?!

I was also still feeling phantom flutters and kicks from having my first so it could also be that?!

I dont think it's impossible though

I was fully expecting not to feel anything at all for at least another month, I think I was 19 weeks before I felt movement with dd!! probably gas lol.

In our ultrasound baby was bouncing and moving around so maybe the babies are literally just bouncing off the walls ;) who knows :)

I would think it's probably not baby. At 8 weeks, our babies can only really arch their backs. Their limbs twitch because of the muscle fibres, but they don't move as such. I don't think they're doing a lot of moving around the womb at that stage - it doesn't really start till 10 weeks.

Also, I thought you felt movement through nerve cells in your skin? So when the baby was strong enough and pushed harder on the side of the uterus it touched against the inner layer of your skin, which makes you feel it. https://www.birth.com.au/middle-pre...rnity/baby-kicking-and-hiccoughs#.Utw4MFE4ky4

Having said all that, I know what you mean about feeling what feel like baby flutters. I know they're not, they're the same gas bubbles phantom kicks that I've had since my son was born. They feel just like early baby movements, but I know what I'm feeling isn't, it's just too early. I know I'll feel them earlier this time, because my son decimated my muscle tone, so there's less of a barrier between the uterus and my skin, but I'm not expecting to till after 15 weeks or so. I do really like the feeling though, it reminds me of what is to come!!

x

8 wks is to early, but I would suppose maybe the earliest would be about 15 wks since its your second. I felt my son out of no where at the airport at 15 wks and though I was going crazy because I always felt my previous at like 16-17 wks. They usually say at 16 wks but more common I believe is like 18-20 wks.

Not unless you are way farther than you thought? Then it could be possible.

8 wks is to early, but I would suppose maybe the earliest would be about 15 wks since its your second. I felt my son out of no where at the airport at 15 wks and though I was going crazy because I always felt my previous at like 16-17 wks. They usually say at 16 wks but more common I believe is like 18-20 wks.

99.99% sure I'm not any further along than I think! Weirdly I had the urge to take out my doppler last night and actually found baby's heartbeat, right where the flutters had been!

My mum told me that she felt her second, third and fourth babies moving from 12 weeks onwards, so hopefully I don't have that long to go anyway!

I have to disagree, I felt my ds (first baby) very strongly at 15 weeks. I was lying on my back with a lump sticking out on one side which rolled all the way to the other side. I guess if I'd known what I was looking out for I'd have felt fluttering beforehand.
I think it's common to feel movement in subsequent pregnancy from 12 weeks. I agree 8 weeks is probably a bit early.
Xx

Not felt anything today, so concluding it was probably either gas or my uterus having a stretch :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->