2nd day of pumping and no sign of milk

StellaBella24

Reaction score
I am trying to restart my milk supply after 3 months off.
Been pumping every 2-3 hours for last 48 hours (only once in night) and no sign whatsoever that is working/going to work.

Anyone else successfully relactilated and how many days until you saw any milk?

Its very disheartening and wondering whether to continue

hi hun, good for you!! don't give up yet it may likely take a while longer where you have been not bfing for three months. are you putting baby to the breast too? I saw there was a woman on here who relactated and her thread was quite popular. try looking for her in the search. In the meantime, I hear kellymom.com has some resources on relactating xx

I looked some up BC I'm excited for you haha:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...-latched-herself-morning-35.html#post29612071

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...breastfeeding-my-journey-10.html#post22125019

if you search 'relactating' in the breast feeding section you'll find lots of other threads. best wishes

Not latching baby on as dont want to confuse her. I am going to see a lactation consultant tomorrow hopefully.

Thank you for ur help and encouragement. I think i can feel my boobs getting heavier. Hopefully something will happen soon xxx

sorry I missed that you said only once at night. you may need to add some more night time pumping sessions if this is something you really want to do xx keep me updated about the lc if you can :)

Relactating is not something I've done, although I did briefly try when my first LO was about 2 months old. I think if you really want it to work, you have to put more time into it unfortunately. Night is the best time to boost your supply/get it going, so if anything you need to express more often overnight, I don't think once is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->