2nd mc - ttc or wait till hospital appointment

mapleleaf81

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just after some advice. I've started my AF 5 weeks after my 2nd mc. So we can start ttc again but wondering if we should. We've got an appointment at the hospital in 3 weeks for tests as it was my 2nd early mc. 1st in Sep, (6 weeks) and 2nd in Mar (5 days). Really want to ttc again but not sure if they would want to do tests and investigations through a normal cycle or would it matter if i was pg again. Been ttc for 18 months now. Have had tests in the past for PCOS which i have. Part of me wants to ttc and the other doesn't want to go through another mc. Might just see what happens and not actively ttc but not prevent it.

Hi ladies

Just after some advice. I've started my AF 5 weeks after my 2nd mc. So we can start ttc again but wondering if we should. We've got an appointment at the hospital in 3 weeks for tests as it was my 2nd early mc. 1st in Sep, (6 weeks) and 2nd in Mar (5 days). Really want to ttc again but not sure if they would want to do tests and investigations through a normal cycle or would it matter if i was pg again. Been ttc for 18 months now. Have had tests in the past for PCOS which i have. Part of me wants to ttc and the other doesn't want to go through another mc. Might just see what happens and not actively ttc but not prevent it.

After my third early m/c the doctor ran a bunch of tests and we were told not to ttc during that time. We have to take 2 cycles off. It was really tough to wait but if we were doing all these tests I wanted them to be accurate and wanted to make sure we were setting ourselves up for the best possible outcome if we got pregnant again.

It is up to you of course to do what feels right for your family, but if there are going to do tests they may advise or request that you stop ttc while they are doing them.

Good luck and so sorry for your losses.

Mapleleaf, generally recurrent miscarriage tests aren't run until after three losses. This is not a scheme to make people suffer through more losses, but because the majority of women will go on to have a successful pregnancy. If you are in the US or have a very proactive doctor you can have tests earlier. Or if there is reason (over and above the two losses) to believe that there is an underlying cause. Once they do the tests you would usually be asked to wait until the results are available. With one of the tests (APS), if you have a positive you need to retest after six weeks to confirm.

Basically, unless you have been specifically told you will be investigated and not to ttc then I would say go for it and good luck to you!

Thanks for the replies. I've decided not to ttc as had some bad news. My sister has just lost her baby at 24 weeks. I can't think about myself I've got to be there for her.

Also the letter from the hospital does mention having some investigations so probably best to wait. My gp referred us early as he thinks I have low progestarone. Have had problems in the past with my hormones related to pcos.

Oh mapleleaf, so so sorry to hear about your sister's loss. You are a lovely sister thinking of her and putting her first at this time.

By the sounds of things, your doc is very much on your case :thumbup:
Hoping everything goes well for you in the future :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"