2nd time Mummies

Sal85uk

Reaction score
What things are you buying new and what are you planning to "hand down" to your new little one? Particularly if you are team :yellow:

:shrug:

If its a girl, pretty much everything, if its a boy then the clothes that look more boyish :haha:

we have to start from scratch due to the age gap but my SIL has told me she will be giving me vests

Well I've got all my sons clothes, I've got 2 bouncers, a swing , I've got a cot and travel cot . Some other bits bt ill be buying a new moses basket and sterliser, bottles etc x

Well we have gone from team pink to blue this time!! So.... we will have to buy it all from scratch!!! We have made quite a good dent in what we need already so its not a problem, just sad to have a garage full of pink things which now may not be used again xx

I am team yellow.

We are re-decorating DS's room so he will have toddler bed and new wardrobe so all if his nursery things will move next door for baby. We were team yellow for him too so have a neutral bear theme. This will already save us lots.

I sorted through his clothes and took out the bits I thought I would put another baby in (if it is a boy) so they are ready to be washed. His first size stuff was quite, so will re-use them.

I have bought a new buggy/travel system but only because we wanted a double. We went for an oyster max and it came with a free britax car seat :)

I didn't keep his baby gym, so will but a new one for this baby. We did keep his swing (which he hated!), his bumbo and his jumperoo as well as lots of baby toys so they will all get more use.

Thank you everyone! I have all Jessica's baby clothes bagged up in size order (slightly ocd :haha:) and all the "neutral" clothes ready to be washed and freshened up! Jessica was team yellow too so we also have all neutral nursery things, we need a new cot and mattress. What is everybody doing about bottles etc.... I have a perfectly good steriliser kit but was just thinking about getting new bottles and teats and sticking with the same steriliser? Or should it need to be replaced with new everything???

I'm having a boy this time so we're having to buy new as had pink everything for my dd, we've also bought a new cot bed and furniture set as wanted a different colour wood this time to go with our other bedroom furniture otherwise I would have reused those. I'm buying new bottles and steriliser this time aswell simply because I'm wanting to use dr browns bottles and my dd had avent, otherwise I would have probably reused the bottles but just bought new teats for them, steriliser would be fine to reuse aswell I would just descale it first x

We're handing down everything we can! The major things are clothing and cloth diapers. I've only had to buy diapers for my first lol! :haha: I think the only things I'm going to buy for this a co-sleeper bed and maybe a few items as I need them. This one will be born at the opposite time of year as my other 2 so I'll have to see if I need something when it comes up.

Buying new bottles but using same steriliser. Got baby gym, bumbo seat, moses basket (altho will buy a new mattress), size 0 car seat, lots of useful toys and activity sets. We intend to use our travel system carrycot/buggy again. However we will prob buy most clothes new. I have kept some gender neutral clothes but most stuff was girlie. It can b easily replaced regardless of gender.

my dd cot changes into a infant bed and she's in that now so a cot is prob the only big purchase we'll make. We still have knitted blankets for early weeks and different sized grow bags for when lo is bigger. So yeah we're pretty sorted x

This time new pram (double), new bottles and steriliser but hoping to BF, newborn clothes and vests (borrowed last time), new pram toys (cause they were cute) and new car seat and isofix base cause Im not messing around with a seatbelt with 2 kids to sort!

The same as most people which makes me feel better!

Buying new:
Bottles, new coming home outfit, a couple of new baby grows and vests (just so baby feels special) new teddy, double buggy, new changing unit as baby will stay with us while our son stays in his nursery, and an isofix base as our old car didn't have it

We are team yellow...not going to lie, if I have a boy he will just wear some pink things! My daughter had a good mix of pink/yellow/blue so will just reuse lol. However we did pass about half our 'newborn' clothes onto friends and family so will have to buy some more vests/babygrows etc.
I only have a lightweight stroller now (which hasn't seen the light of day for nearly a year to be honest) so will need a new pram, but still have cot, infant carseat, bouncer, playmat etc. So pram is the only big buy. Most is fairly neutral colours or leaning boyish anyway as I just prefer them!

using as many of my sons clothes as possible, cot etc been sold only got bottle still will keep them in case i express. our pram has had it so sadly a lot to pay out again this time

If its a girl we've gotta get new clothes but if its a boy then weve got a few outfits and sleepsuits, will still need to buy more though.

We're using callums old bouncer, bought a new pram, having my nephews moses basket which is neutral, and are putting callums bed back to the cot and buying him another bed. We've kept the jumperoo which callum loved for when the babies a bit older too! And his old highchair too xx

i'm having another boy, so all the clothes, as my little on is only 7 months i'll need to buy a double pram hoping to get that one new, and will need another cotbed and carseat. that's about it.

We're handing down my daughters crib, changing table, bouncer, activity center, Johnny Jumper, and bath tub. Everything else was pink and girly (I'm having a boy), so I've been selling it. I sold her pink toddler bed, an extra bouncer, walker, play mat, pink rocking horse, and a few other things. I'm using the money to buy new stuff for this baby. Totally works out, I've made a good amount so far :) always nice to free up space and make some extra cash.

There will be less than a year between my babies. All my big items I specifically got neutral as I thought id have a small gap.

Things I will buy new-
More swaddles
More bath towels
If a girl all new clothes if boy I wont buy much clothes
New muslins
Socks

Pretty much everything else will be 2nd hand but it all still looks brand new :):)
Will need a double buggy and another carseat

We are team blue and were blue the first time around as well. Because of the small age gap we've had to buy all new nursery furniture and DS1 had reflux so we'll be buying most newborn clothes again as his are too stained to reuse.
My big question is my breast pump. It is an expensive electric one but I left in a room that was renovated a few months ago. I am worried as it would have dust from the renovations all through it and the dust might be toxic.
Is it best to buy a new one?

My big question is my breast pump. It is an expensive electric one but I left in a room that was renovated a few months ago. I am worried as it would have dust from the renovations all through it and the dust might be toxic.
Is it best to buy a new one?

I buying a new pump but mine is manual so only about £20. Can you buy the manual version of your electric pump and just attach the electric pump parts to the new pump? I think my SIL did this when she borrowed an electric pump. Alternatively, if you're in the UK, asda had what seemed like a good deal on a tommee tippee pump yesterday (£40 or £50 I think). I've no idea if the pump is any good though.

Other than that, I'm buying new furniture (as my son is still in his cotbed), the converter kit to make my pram into a double and, if this bump turns our to be pink, some new clothes. We're staying team yellow until the end though, so we'll just have to wait and see about the clothes.

Oh, and some new electrodes for my tens machine! My old ones are not at all sticky after 8 hours of use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->