2nd tri and beyond Due Jul/Aug/Sep 2018

That’s so fun to have a friend who is expecting also! Your babies will be close in age, which will be fun!

That’s so fun to have a friend who is expecting also! Your babies will be close in age, which will be fun!

I know, I've got my fingers crossed that she makes it through the first tri! She would be the only friend I have who has children as well (outside of work), and we would def have playdates and whatnot. I'm so happy for her (and for me lol)!

I've felt so uncontrolled with my emotions and my hormones since almost the beginning that it's been an up hill battle. I even went so far to have accused/made assumptions that my DH was having a relationship with one of his co-workers after I found some text messages that left me very uneasy. I felt and still do feel as though their working relationship is too comfortable. We had a huge blow out a few months back about it, he denied everything, said they're just friends and didn't see anything wrong with their interactions. But I can't seem to really shake it off, I've never met her and that causes more anxiety. Sorry to bring this up, but I really don't have many people to trust and you all seem very friendly

Hi ladies! Haven't checked in here for a while! Sorry 3rd trimester is causing problems for lots of you :( I've only got heartburn to deal with and swollen feet (currently got myself on bed with intention of reading while elevating my feet but catching up on BnB instead).

Homegrown, sorry to hear about your issues with DH. If they've got a friendly work relationship, could you maybe set something up to all have dinner together sometime so you could meet her? Maybe seeing them interact in person would help you feel better about things. My DH has lots of friends which include females and I have no concerns with it. But, I had an ex who I was very uncomfortable with female friends I didn't know, and one in particular that I did know. Things may have never crossed the line but was too close for comfort. Thankfully I trust DH way more than the ex, and I either know all of his female friends or he's been friends with them for like 20 years and everyone is married so I dont feel any kind of threat. It could definitely be hormones but could also be a reason, if you're typically a trusting person and something feels odd sometimes you have to trust your gut.

Has my first baby shower a little over a week ago and got lots of cute clothes and other good stuff. My aunt is throwing a family shower this coming weekend so then we'll know what we have left to buy. I think bottles are the only must haves that we'll need to get before baby arrives which is great! I'm a little sad, DH has 3 brothers who are all married. Not one of the 3 SILs will be at the shower. I actually cried about it today. I know the family is all excited for the baby, but his family dynamics are just so different than mine. They don't even make a point to get together for holidays. One of the SIL I'd say I've only seen 5-6 times in the 4 years we've been married, 5 1/2 we've been together. That included the day DH's mom died, her visitation, funeral and our wedding. I just wish they'd make more of an effort. I was hoping another baby in the family could bring them all together but looking like that may not be the case. Oh well, I've got my family, both mom and dad's side, and had so many friends show up I teared up thanking them all for being there for me before I opened gifts. Our little guy is so loved already, so wanted for many years!

I’m so sorry homegrown. That sounds rough. It could be hormones but, trust your gut as well. Trust is so important and it does sound like he’s broken some of it with those texts.

Mkaykes I’m sorry about your in laws. That is sad when your family expectations aren’t met. I hope you will still have lots of family there to spoil you!!

As for me, had an ultrasound that confirmed my little sweetheart is breech!! Ugh! 37 weeks. So I am referred to a high risk OB to discuss our options.

Oh no Alligator! Sorry you found she's breech! Have you tried Spinning Babies exercises? I started doing them about 30 weeks every few days.

I’ve done a few things, cat cow yoga poses, laying with my bum up, yoga ball... I’m definitely looking into doing more and perhaps trying acupuncture as well! Little turkey is making this challenging!

Update time :)

We had our growth scan this morning. The baby is measuring 2.5 weeks ahead and weighs 5lbs 4oz, which is in the 87th percentile. We knew he was going to be big though, so it's not much of a surprise lmao! The surprise part is that he's breech, but he still has plenty of time to flip.

I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow, and we have a few different things to discuss, but as long as the doctor isn't concerned about how big he is or that he's breech, then I'm not concerned.

I'm with you there Jello! We've got the same due date and Fri we had a scan and my little guy was measuring 5 lb 3 oz! Also no surprise as DH was nearly 8 lbs and I was nearly 9 lbs (a month early) my sister had 9 and 10 lb babies. You've still got time for him to flip! My guy was head down and I'm worried he'll flip back up.

I'm with you there Jello! We've got the same due date and Fri we had a scan and my little guy was measuring 5 lb 3 oz! Also no surprise as DH was nearly 8 lbs and I was nearly 9 lbs (a month early) my sister had 9 and 10 lb babies. You've still got time for him to flip! My guy was head down and I'm worried he'll flip back up.

Yeah, I think we'll probably be alright. Everything Google says is that the doctors don't really worry about the baby being breech until like 37 weeks. But I'm not against a C-section either, so if it happens, it happens.

Alex was 9lbs 15oz and 22 inches at birth which was 100th percentile for both if I'm remembering correctly, but at his 20 week scan he was only 50th percentile. So he really shot up the second half of the pregnancy. This baby was 60th percentile at his 20 week scan, and now is 87th percentile, so we figure he'll probably be a little bigger than Alex.

It's really not a surprise since I'm 6'1", my fiancé is 6'2", and both my father and brother are 6'8" lmao. We're just waiting to see if this baby breaks the family record (my brother - born at 10lbs 4oz and 23 inches). Alex got close, but no dice. However he is in 2nd place thus far :D

Oh my goodness, you were 9lbs at a month early? Yikes lol!

Thanks ladies for the advice, hoping that there's nothing to it; I'll keep you all updated!

MKayes - I get the whole in-laws scenario; my MIL doesn't quite make the effort sometimes to get to know me. She plays the part of doting grandmother when it suits her and declines at times when it doesn't. So we rely heavily on my parents, whom have been so supportive that I can't even put it into words. It's going to be interesting how often she will interact with our second son.

On a side note, most of you are a few weeks further along then I; how are Braxton hicks going for you? It's been about 6 years since I was pregnant and this past week I think they've been starting to hit me. Nothing severe, but I think I was confusing them with other symptoms, i.e gas, bloat, cramping. This morning, I actually felt the tightness for about 30 seconds and then I was fine.

Anyways, baby shower is still planned and oh, by the way MIL decided to offer her house (AGAIN) as the location...not sure if I told you ladies that or not :)

I think I had BH for a while but didn't realize it. Seems to happen more often when I'm working at the nursing home on my feet for hours and lots of walking. I just get a tightness that at first I think is baby pressing up against them outside but realize then that I'm tight all around. I'd say it probably happens on average about 3 times a day for me for 30-60 seconds. I wish that is what real labor contractions would feel like, I could totally handle that, lol!

Glad your shower is going on as planned Homegrown! When is it?

I really don't get BH that often, or if I do, I don't notice them. But I was like that with my other pregnancy too, and I guess my mother never noticed them with either of her pregnancies. Maybe we just don't feel them? Idk lol.

So I talked to the doctor this morning. I guess the baby is measuring almost 3 weeks ahead, so they're scheduling me for another ultrasound in a month. If they think he's going to be 11+ pounds at 40 weeks, and/or if he's still breech, they're going to schedule me for a C-section at 39 weeks. They said they aren't going to make any decisions right now though because he still has time to flip, and he might not be that big.

I personally don't care either way. I just know I don't want them to try to flip him externally and I think I might try to argue that we could do a C-section at 40 weeks instead of 39. I don't think he'd be coming any earlier than that anyways, since with his brother my body was not ready for labor at all when they induced me at 41 weeks.

Mkayes - I felt the tightness around as well and like you said, wish that was how real contractions were like! It'd be a breeze! My baby shower is set for August 18th, 2 weeks before baby; hopefully not cutting it too close!

Hellojello25 - 11lbs at birth, oh bless you! Good luck with that! Hopefully he isn't breeched.

Hellojello25 - 11lbs at birth, oh bless you! Good luck with that! Hopefully he isn't breeched.

Fingers crossed he isn't either of those things lol! However, I know my first son slept through the night at a month and I think it was because he was so big, so if the trade-off is more sleep, I think I might take it haha.

Honestly, as long as he's healthy and happy, that's all that matters to me :)

Well ladies my baby is footling breech, so we’ve scheduled a csection for July 5! That’s a week today!!! I’ll be 39+1.

Wow Alligator, that'll be here soon and you'll get to meet your little girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->